November 10, 2013
Dr. David Lent, orthopedic surgeon and Chief of the Robotic Orthopedic Center at St. Johns Riverside Hospital joins eHealth Radio and the Othopedic Channel.
This episode is brought The Expert Institute where you can connect with a local expert within 24 hours by simply visiting TheExpertInstitute.com.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. David Lent discuss the following:
- Can you tell us about your background, your education and how you decided to become an orthopedic surgeon?
- What kinds procedures do you commonly perform?
- How has the orthopedics industry evolved since you first became a doctor?
- Can you discuss any cutting edge techniques that are surfacing?
- Where do you see the orthopedics industry heading into the future?
Dr. David Lent - Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon
- Chief of Sports Medicine Department
- Chief of Robotic Knee Replacement at St. John's Riverside Hospital
- Trauma Specialist
- Team physician for many local colleges and high schools
- Leader in Minimally Invasive Surgery & Advanced Arthroscopic Techniques including ACL Reconstruction and Shoulder Labral (SLAP) Repair
- Partial Knee Replacement – MAKOplasty® Specialist
- Undergraduate: BA, Yeshiva University, New York, NY
- Medical: New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY
- General Surgery Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Orthopedic Residency: Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Sports Medicine Fellowship: Staten Island University Hospital/Hospital for Special Surgery, Staten Island, NY
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
April 16, 2012
How hip and knee implants improve the quality of life
with Dr. James T. Caillouette
Dr. James T. Caillouette, a board certified orthopedic surgeon with Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, California, specializing in joint replacement and adult reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee joins the show.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. James T. Caillouette discuss the following:
- How do hip implants improve quality of life?
- What are indicators that a hip implant is necessary?
- Generally, how long is the recovery period?
- How does weight loss and exercise impact the joints?
- How does weight loss and exercise improve mobility?
James T. Caillouette, M.D. is a board certified orthopedic surgeon with Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, California, specializing in joint replacement and adult reconstructive surgery of the hip and knee.
Dr. Caillouette earned his medical degree from the University of Southern California School of Medicine. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the immediate past President of the California Orthopaedic Association, a member of the International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty, and a member of the International Society of Computer Assisted Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Caillouette reviews articles for The Journal of Arthroplasty and Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research. He has developed multiple orthopedic devices and instruments over the past 22 years and consults worldwide for DePuy/Johnson and Johnson. Dr. Caillouette participates in surgeon education at an international level. He has authored numerous publications in orthopedic literature. He is currently focused on healthcare economics and reform, along with the design of next generation hip and knee implants.