Dr. Denise Jagroo, Board-Certified Women's Health Specialist in women's health physical therapy who specializes in providing patient-centered treatment for pelvic, obstetric, and orthopedic pain and dysfunction joins eHealth Radio and the Female Health, Orthopedic & Pain Management Channels. She is also the author of the book, "Your Best Pregnancy: The Ultimate Guide to Easing the Aches, Pains and Uncomfortable Side Effects During Each Stage of Your Pregnancy”.
- You are one of the only 200 Board-Certified Clinical Specialists in women's health physical therapy in the US. Tell us the story about how you came into this field, as well as your new book, "Your Best Pregnancy".
- You speak all over the country about all things women's health and rehabilitation with topics that range from pregnancy to pelvic pain to postpartum recovery. What are some of the most common issues your patients encounter, and what are some of the recommendations you have for listeners who may be going through similar issues?
- I see from your galleries online that you're also an avid athlete and have even completed trialathons! What's your advice to listeners who want to compete in a marathon, or mud run, or any type of an event, but don't know where to start?
- I've read that you're a big believer in vision board, mantras, and positive psychology. Tell us about any success you've had with this in your own life and how you believe it plays a role in one's mental/emotional health.
- In addition to doing all this, you're also committed to the veterans and soldiers community! Tell us a little more about the work you do with that, both inside and outside of your private practice.
Dr. Denise Jagroo (PT, DPT, MTC, WCS), is a celebrated physical therapist, world renowned speaker, new author, and expert in women’s health issues, with a focus on pelvic physical therapy. In fact, she is one of the only 200 Board Certified Clinical Specialists in Women’s Health Physical Therapy in the country.
Her new book, “Your Best Pregnancy: The Ultimate Guide to Easing the Aches, Pains and Uncomfortable Side Effects During Each Stage of Your Pregnancy” is available now on Amazon.com and BarnesandNoble.com.
Most recognized in the medical community for her national and international speaking engagements, Dr. Jagroo frequently lectures to healthcare providers and clinicians on pelvic health and rehabilitation, including coping with pain, dysfunction, pregnancy, exercise and post-partum recovery. For several years, her highly attended seminars have attracted thousands of clinicians including obstetricians, nurse practitioners, physician’s assistants, midwives, physical therapists, occupational therapists, athletic trainers, and dietitians. In recent years, she has presented at the National Conference of the American Physical Therapy, where over 10,000 physical therapists attend the conference annually.