Saturday Apr 27, 2019
Surgeon turned author on balancing your ART with your JOB
Leo Rozmaryn, MD, is a reconstructive hand and microvascular surgeon and author of the Jewish historical fiction novel Lone Soldier, an epic tale of romance, mistaken identity, war and politics all set against the backdrop of the tensions between the U.S. and Israel during the early 1970’s joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Leo Rozmaryn discuss the following:
- Tell us about your novel, Lone Soldier. What is it all about?
- It says you wove together real-life historical facts with fiction. What was that process like for you?
- You worked on your novel for five years - what kept you going that long? What kept you motivated?
- But besides being an author, you are also an orthopedic surgeon. Tell us what made you interested in writing?
- What advice do you have to others who may be interested in using writing as an escape from a busy, stressful job?
Leo M Rozmaryn, M.D., is the author of the Jewish historical fiction novel Lone Soldier, an epic tale of romance, mistaken identity, war and politics all set against the backdrop of the tensions between the U.S. and Israel during the early 1970’s. Dr. Rozmaryn is also a reconstructive hand and microvascular surgeon by trade. A native of New York City, Dr. Rozmaryn graduated from Queens College in 1977, and later received an MD from Columbia University. Dr. Rozmaryn has a busy private practice in the Washington DC area, and has been selected by Washingtonian Magazine as one of its “Top Doctors” for the past twelve years, and has been cited by the Washington Post and the U.S. News and World Report for professional excellence.
Dr. Rozmaryn grew up in the religious Zionist/Modern Orthodox Jewish community. Besides his medical career, Dr. Rozmaryn has a keen interest in history, especially Middle East history. An avid reader of Jewish and Israeli history and a frequent visitor to Israel after completing high school there, he brings to bear a lifetime of experience and scholarship into the writing of his debut novel.
Dr. Rozmaryn lives with his family in Silver Spring, Maryland.
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.