Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Liddy Manson discuss the following:
- What led you to start BeClose?
- How is BeClose different from other products on the market?
- Can you give us one or two real world examples of how BeClose is making a difference in people's lives?
- Many people get easily intimidated or overwhelmed by technology. Can you suggest a few easy, simple ways that people can begin to bring technology into their lives, especially seniors?
- Can you talk a little bit about the changing healthcare landscape and how you think technology will play a role in that in the future?
Liddy Manson is President of BeClose and a nationally recognized voice on Aging in America, speaking frequently on the topic across the country and blogging regularly at Huffington Post and other outlets. Her mission is to transform the experience of aging at home into one that is safe, affordable, and collaborative with families. She has over 20 years of experience working with premier technology and information brands.
Before joining BeClose, she served as CEO of DigitalSports, a web service providing detailed information and coverage of high school sports throughout the country. Prior to DigitalSports, she served as the Chief Operating Officer of Freewebs Inc., an early-stage social publishing company. Previously, Liddy spent nine years as Vice President and General Manager of Commercial Products at Washingtonpost.Newsweek Interactive, the online subsidiary of The Washington Post Company.
Liddy holds an MBA and Certificate in Public Management from Stanford University and a BA in Music from Yale University. Liddy is not only the President of BeClose, but was also the company's first customer, using a BeClose system to care for her 85 year old mother.