Dr. Deborah Sherman, Board-Certified Surgeon and Founder of Sherman Aesthetic Center in Nashville, Tennessee. She is with us to discuss enhancing your profile and becoming the best version of yourself again joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Deborah Sherman discuss the following:
- Dr. Sherman, tell us why women and men are so concerned about their profile these days?
- What are characteristics of your profile that are preferable and what characteristics are less than desirable?
- Is surgery the only answer for enhancing your profile? How about nonsurgical treatment options? Most people do not want to have any downtime or miss work?
- Could you review the Nonsurgical options for the lower 1/3 of the face that make up the “Social angle” as you call it that we all see in photos and when interacting socially?
- How does a person that wants to look better in photos or doesn’t like their profile learn what they need to get a youthful profile?
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, Dr. Sherman has been performing cosmetic eyelid surgery and aesthetic injectable treatments for over twenty years. She is recognized as a top plastic surgeon for eyes and is often invited to teach her innovative approaches to her colleagues at national and international meetings. She has also been invited overseas to teach advanced cosmetic techniques to surgeons throughout Russia, Spain, Italy, Canada, Australian, Korea, and China.
Dr. Sherman received her specialty training by top surgeons associated with the Department of Ophthalmology at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. She further advanced her training in cosmetic surgery techniques during her oculoplastic fellowship at the University of Wisconsin in Madison, Wisconsin. There, she studied under the direction of Richard K. Dortzbach MD, a former President of ASOPRS, American Society of Ophthalmic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (Oculofacial Plastic Surgery). She is currently a fellow of the American Society of Ophthalmic, Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (Oculofacial Plastic Surgery) which requires completion of a clinical fellowship, original research, and written and oral Board Examinations.
Dr. Sherman has served as the Botox® national spokesperson for their “Lose Your 11” Campaign, during which she taught “beauty buzzmakers” in educational seminars in over thirty US cities. She has been a guest on multiple local and national television and radio shows and is often quoted in magazines including: People, Allure, Marie Claire, Redbook, Shape, and Self. Dr Sherman has written articles on periorbital anatomy that have been published in peer-reviewed journals.
With over 20 years of training physicians in aesthetic techniques, Dr. Sherman continues to teach physicians both internationally and nationally including eye surgeons, dermatologists, and plastic surgeons in training at Vanderbilt University where she is an Assistant Clinical Professor.
Dr. Sherman and her staff offer educational seminars about the various cosmetic treatments available.
Social Media Links: