Dr. Kerry Burnight, a Gerontologist who has served for 18 years as a Professor of Geriatric Medicine at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine and She serves full time as Chief Gerontologist at grandPad joins eHealth Radio and the Geriatrics and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Kerry Burnight discuss the following:
- What is the single most important thing you can do to Age Well. And by aging well I mean, physical, mental, and emotional vitality.
- What is the best way to foster and get the health/happiness/longevity benefits to these connections?
- What does the research say about technology, is it hurting or helping our connection?
- Given these challenges faced by older adults, what is the best way to reconnect my grandparents /parents (who live in another state!) back into social society so they can experience these longer and happier lives?
- Is grandPad like an iPad?
- What about those with cognitive impairment?
- What is the best way to approach the subject of connection with your parents and grandparents?
Dr. Kerry Burnight has spent her entire professional career on a mission to improve the lives of seniors. She was a professor of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology at the University of California Irvine, and she is the founder and director of the nation's first Elder Abuse Forensic Center and the national non-profit, Ageless Alliance: United Against Elder Abuse. Kerry has spoken at The White House and as an expert on shows such as The Dr. Phil Show, CBS news, Money Matters, and The Doctors. She joined grandPad because of the firm's ability to prevent one of the most significant risk factors for elders: social isolation.