Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Catherine Z. Navarro discuss the following:
- We're talking about spider veins here today and I wanted to first ask you to describe exactly what a "spider vein" is?
- In addition to the term "spider vein" we also hear a lot about varicose veins. What is the difference?
- What nutritional & lifestyle recommendations do you have for preventing spider veins? Are they even preventable?
- For those who have spider veins, what are their treatment options?
- Can you elaborate a bit more about what sclerotherapy treatment involves?
Dr. Z. Catherine Navarro was born and raised in New York City and received her education at M.I.T. and Boston University. She is Board Certified in Internal Medicine and currently serves on the faculty of the American College of Phlebology.
Dr. Navarro is an extremely motivated, caring and energetic physician who embodies the highest intellectual standards coupled with the best holistic approach to patient health. She is highly regarded by her patients and peers; patients constantly remark how refreshing it is to see such a vibrant, friendly and approachable physician with a great wealth of knowledge and experience in this specialty field. Her professional services and dedication as physician has been augmented by her activity in community affairs and charity work. She currently serves on the board of two local charities that care for children: The Children’s Place at Home Safe in Palm Beach County, an organization that cares for abused children and those affected by AIDS and The Children’s Case Management Organization (CCMO). She endeavors to assist in keeping fractured families together with social services and has helped raise over $500,000 for various organizations.
Dr. Navarro, a former Director of Medicine for the Wellington Regional Medical Center has helped found the Women’s Physicians Medical Society in 1988. She has been an active member of the Palm Beach County Medical Society for over 10 years. Always in pursuit of her patient’s best interests, Dr. Navarro recognized the vital need for both fashionable and supportive hosiery. With this in mind, she designed her own line of hosiery that has been featured in several national media outlets.