September 24, 2019
Dr. Yelena Deshko, ND, a general family practitioner and the Founder of Timeless Health Clinic in downtown Toronto and a leader in the field of naturopathic intravenous vitamin therapy joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Yelena Deshko discuss the following:
- What is IV Vitamin therapy?
- Why would someone choose to opt for intravenous vitamins over oral supplements?
- What is the history behind the use of IV Vitamin therapy?
- What type of health conditions can benefit from this treatment?
- What should one look for when choosing a clinic or facility to receive IV Vitamin Drips?
Conclusion: Intravenous Vitamin Therapy is a safe and effective novel treatment for a variety of health conditions as well as optimization of overall wellness.
Dr. Yelena Deshko ND is a leader in the field of naturopathic intravenous (IV) therapy in Toronto, Canada. She is a general family practitioner with a special interest in integrative oncology, anti-aging medicine, and hormonal health. Dr. Deshko combines traditional and conventional medicine in her practice, including acupuncture, botanical medicine as well as diet and lifestyle counseling. She is the founder of Timeless Health Clinic in downtown Toronto.
Social Media Links:
September 23, 2019
Dr. Rishin Shah, a Texas-based cardiologist who is triple-certified with board certifications in cardiovascular medicine, internal medicine, and interventional cardiology again joins eHealth Radio and the Heart Health & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Rishin Shah discuss the following:
- How many people die from heart related illnesses each year (17 million, more than cancer, HIV and malaria combined).
- Why are we still seeing so many heart-related illnesses and death when there is so much medical information available?
- What are the top three things a person can do to protect their heart health?
- What if you have a family history of heart illness? Is there anything you can do to prevent an issue?
- What's going on in the world of treatments and surgeries for heart illness patients? Are there breakthroughs or progress to report?
Dr. Rishin Shah, MD, has over 10 years of experience treating cardiovascular conditions and is a renowned cardiologist. He believes prevention is key to maintaining health and specializes in finding the least minimally invasive treatment options for his patients to get them back to optimal health.
At his practice, Prime Heart and Vascular, with locations in Plano, Frisco, and Allen, Texas, Dr. Shah is committed to serving his patients and the surrounding communities. He has expert knowledge in understanding the complications that arise at any age and provides state-of-the-art care so patients live longer, more fulfilling lives.
Cardiovascular conditions can be scary. Dr. Shah is committed to fostering a safe, welcoming, and compassionate environment for his patients at Prime Heart and Vascular, taking the necessary time to explain all aspects of procedures, conditions, and treatments. As a patient, you’re part of the family. And Dr. Shah’s core values provide care from the H.E.A.R.T.: hospitality; empathy and enthusiasm; attitude; respect; and teamwork. Dr. Shah received his medical degree from Saint Louis University School of Medicine and is board-certified in cardiovascular medicine, internal medicine, and interventional cardiology.
September 21, 2019
Patricia Leighton, CEO from SFH (STRONGER. FASTER. HEALTHIER.®), a sports nutrition brand created by a pharmaceutical and medical scientist joins eHealth Radio and the Nutrition and Supplement Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Patricia Leighton discuss the following:
- How did SFH move from an idea to full-fledged sports nutrition company?
- Is fish oil still important and how is SFH’s differentiated in the market?
- How much science is involved in the brand?
- What is the role of energy in aging and cognition and how does your Revive product play a part?
- Where do you see the category of supplements going and evolving for athletes and weekend warriors?
Patricia Leighton completed her undergraduate studies at Boston University in 2000, with a major in Economics and a minor in Business Administration. She then moved to NYC and held various positions within the Fashion Industry. In 2006, she left her position as National Sales Manager of Ben Sherman and moved to Switzerland to combine her passions (sports & nutrition) with her career while enjoying the Alps on foot, bike or board.
She graduated from Business School Lausanne (MBA) in 2008. Her management thesis focused on the development and expansion of Maine Natural Health®(the parent company of SFH)® . While completing her MBA, and after, she consulted for various sporting goods companies gaining international experience. In 2009, she returned to the US and moved to Los Angeles. This transition led to her current position at Maine Natural Health® where she now functions as CEO of the company.
From a young age, playing soccer at a competitive level, her love of sports was ingrained in her and she continues to look to challenge herself running marathons, on the mountain or most recently achieving new goals at CrossFit. The opportunity to stay close to sports while helping others with proper nutrition is the perfect blend for her.
Social Media Links:
September 21, 2019
Asaf Katz the Co-founder and COO of Cannvalate, an Australia-based company that provides a number of services across the breadth of the medicinal cannabis community joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Cannabis Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Asaf Katz discuss the following:
- By way of brief background, tell our listeners about your involvement in the cannabis industry.
- Regarding the industry globally, what most interests you about the legalization of medicinal cannabis?
- In Australia, where medicinal cannabis is legal nationwide, what is the takeaway lesson for growers of cannabis in North America?
- Why is Australia’s legalization of medicinal cannabis a test case—or proof of concept—of the success of this industry?
- Finally, what else should our listeners know about Australia and the cannabis industry in general?
Asaf Katz is the Co-founder and COO of Cannvalate, an Australia-based company that provides a number of services across the breadth of the medicinal cannabis community. A serial entrepreneur, Asaf holds an undergraduate degree in Industrial Engineering and Management from Tel Aviv University and an MBA from the University of Melbourne - Melbourne School of Business.
Social Media Links:
September 20, 2019
Dr. Evan Allen, a board-certified physician in obesity and owner at Total Care Family Practice in Las Vegas, Nevada joins eHealth Radio and the Nutrition & Weight Management Channels to talk about the dangers of saturated fats.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Evan Allen discuss the following:
- How does the food industry purposefully mislead us?
- What are some success stories you've seen with patients who cut out saturated fat in their diet?
- If someone switches to a vegan diet, how quickly can they expect a recovery in their health?
- Why write this book now?
- What is one thing you want to tell other physicians with this book?
Tip: By minimizing the quantity of saturated fat in the diet, we can end heart disease and other ailments by practicing a lifestyle-first methodology, and reverting to medication and surgery as a last resort.
Dr. Evan Allen has been practicing medicine for a quarter century, and in that time, he’s opened two practices in Henderson, Nevada, and received board-certification from the American Board of Obesity Medicine. When Dr. Allen began to pay more attention to nutrition, the health of his patients improved. This discovery sent him on a search for a book like this one—a search that came up empty. With this book, Dr. Allen wants to give healthcare providers what he never had: a guide for talking to their patients about a healthy diet that’s low in saturated fat. Dr. Allen lives in Henderson with his son.
September 18, 2019
Richie Harrington, CEO of Vaital Organics, a CBD super food brand joins eHealth Radio and the CBD and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Richie Harrington discuss the following:
- Explain how Vaital Organics should be enjoyed.
- How does the CBD work?
- What are key ingredients in Vaital Organics?
- Who are some of your key advisors?
- What have you learned as you create this brand?
Richard “Richie” Harrington is the founder and CEO of Vaital Organics, a Los Angeles-based health and wellness company that is pioneering CBD-infused superfood supplements with an emphasis on healthier living.
Born and raised in Santa Monica and residing on the Westside for his entire life, Richie only moved away from Los Angeles to attend school and play football in Oregon. After a string of injuries ended his athletic career and left him with a great deal of post-surgery pain and inflammation, Richie turned to CBD and hemp products as an alternative to opioid medications. After college, Harrington continued to deal with the same issues and sought a way to take control of his health for good. That’s when he met Vaital co-founder, Reno Rollé Jr. Reno also used cannabis and hemp products as alternative medicines to fight the opioid epidemic and introduced Richie to superfoods as a holistic alternative to supplements and as a way to boost energy levels, improve overall wellness, and springboard himself into a better diet and exercise routine. Richie began to see cannabis products and superfoods as the perfect marriage: CBD for inflammation and pain management, as well as to level out brain activity, and superfoods to boost energy, metabolism and overall health and wellness. From this realization and partnership, Vaital Organics was born.
From the company’s conception in July of 2018, Richie has had to wear a lot of hats at Vaital. As founder and CEO, Richie is on the ground overseeing day-to-day operations, communicating with stakeholders, managing finances and sales all the way through the backend. Vaital is his passion, born out of a vision to create an alternative wellness solution that offered benefits that no other superfood or CBD product on the market could match.
Social Media Links:
September 17, 2019
Jan Dubauskas, Senior Counsel and Vice President at Health Insurance Innovations, focused on the eCommerce division, where the company provides direct to consumer solutions joins eHealth Radio and the Health Insurance and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Jan Dubauskas discuss the following:
- Who is HIIQ and how do you differ from insurance companies?
- What are some of the challenges people face in getting the right health insurance?
- What solutions/products do you offer?
- What should the average person think about when looking for health coverage?
- What’s next for HIIQ?
Ms. Dubauskas is a licensed attorney with more than 10 years of experience managing legal and compliance for life and health insurance carriers. As Senior Counsel and Vice President at Health Insurance Innovations, Ms. Dubauskas focuses on the eCommerce division, where the company provides direct to consumer solutions. She previously held roles as General Counsel for a health insurance company, and as General Counsel and Secretary for a life insurance company.
Websites: hiiq.com | agilelifeinsurance.com | agilehealthinsurance.com
Social Media Links:
September 16, 2019
Hugh Woodward, an expert on DHEA & the President of Health2Go that researches and develops leading edge anti-aging and wellness products and provides them to people conveniently and cost effectively again joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Supplement Channels to discuss the basics about DHEA and then focus on importance of using it as a pharmaceutical grade cream instead of a pill.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Hugh Woodward discuss the following:
- What is DHEA?
- Why is it so important to maintain healthy DHEA levels?
- I understand DHEA has many beneficial effects, share with us some of those.
- Can you explain how DHEA helps our skin health & skincare?
- Why use DHEA as an absorbable cream supplement rather than a pill?
- What is Twist 25 DHEA cream?
Hugh Woodward has a management degree and a Masters of Science in Health Administration. Hugh is a subject matter expert on DHEA having studied it for the past 14 years of his life studying the medical research about it, and starting a company to research, develop a safe effective DHEA supplement cream possible and distributing it.
In 2007 Mr. Woodward started Health2Go, Inc. to research and develop leading edge science based anti-aging and wellness products and bring them to customers conveniently and cost effectively. His father John Woodward a highly respected Medical Doctor invented Twist 25 DHEA cream.
Websites: twist25.com | store.twist25.com | blog.twist25.com
Social Media Links:
September 12, 2019
Simone Allison, a Life Coach, specializing in Female Empowerment, and the author of the #1 International Bestselling book "Disempowered No More: A Spiritual Journey to Discovering Purpose, Power, & Passion After Divorce" joins eHealth Radio and the Relationship Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Simone Allison discuss the following:
- How did you overcome the fear of starting over after a long relationship/marriage?
- How did you find the courage to forgive yourself for walking out on the father of your two children?
- How did you overcome PTSD, anxiety, and depression?
- What do many women fear when they consider leaving an unhealthy relationship?
- How can your story help others who are fearful of leaving a relationship that is harmful to them?
Simone Allison is a Life Coach, specializing in Female Empowerment - and is the author of the #1 International Bestselling book "Disempowered No More: A Spiritual Journey to Discovering Purpose, Power, & Passion After Divorce".
Simone has a background in the field of mental health and has a Master’s degree with a Dual Specialization in Marriage & Family therapy and Mental Health Counseling from Barry University. She also has a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the University of Miami. She is a certified Life Coach from The Addictions Academy. Simone is the mother of two children and resides in Miami, Florida.
Social Media Links:
The beliefs, views, ideas, thoughts and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the eHealth Radio Network.
September 11, 2019
Dr. Kelly Morgan, Ph.D., a health and fitness professional, motivation expert, and professor who owns Tsirona where she helps overachieving women gain control of their health and use it as a tool for living well joins eHealth Radio and the Fitness & Weight Management Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Kelly Morgan discuss the following:
- Why do women tend to make their health more complicated than it needs to be?
- What are your pillars of a healthy lifestyle?
- What is the best diet?
- How much should one exercise?
- What is your book about? Who is your book for?
- What are some of the challenges busy women tend to face with their health?
- How can we overcome a lack of motivation toward our health goals?
- Where does someone start with making their lifestyle healthier?
Kelly Vandersluis Morgan, Ph.D. owns Tsirona, where she is a health coach for busy, high-achieving women who have put their health on the backburner while kicking butt in the rest of their lives. She helps women gain control of their health and use it as a tool for continuing to lead their crazy lives and achieve their big dreams. She has recovered from anorexia, gained too much weight in a time of stress, and finally discovered how to make her health much easier.
Dr. Morgan’s online coaching, courses, workbooks, and guides help her clients set their goals and reach success. She has been featured in media outlets such as Self, Yoga Journal, Elite Daily, and HealthyWay.
Dr. Morgan has a unique mix of formal education in writing, health communication, and business that is supplemented by her experience as a certified personal trainer, health coach, fitness nutrition specialist, and RYT 200 yoga teacher. She is also an adjunct professor in the Health and Sport Management departments at the largest university in Virginia, where she has had a near-100% success rate with guiding her hundreds of students through health behavior change projects to reach their goals.
Websites: www.tsirona.com | www.tsirona.com/getybb