Friday Sep 13, 2013
Vibrant Heart: Restoring Health, Strength & Spirit for the Body's Core with Dr. Cynthia Thaik
Dr. Cynthia Thaik, the author of Your Vibrant Heart: Restoring Health, Strength & Spirit for the Body's Core joins eHealth Radio and the Cardiology Channel. Dr. Cynthia is a board certified, Harvard-trained cardiologist and founder of Revitalize-U, a wellness center focused on health, nutrition, fitness and detoxification.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Cynthia Thaik discuss the following:
- Why is a healthy heart key to one’s overall sense of well-being?
- What are the risk factors for heart disease and what are the warning signs individuals should watch for? What preventative steps do you recommend?
- Your book, Your Vibrant Heart, advocates a "whole-life approach when it comes to heart health. What does that mean?
- Your medical practice embraces both Eastern and Western philosophies. What led you down this holistic path and how has it better serve your patients?
- You talk about the importance of a mind-body connection; how do our thoughts and emotions influence our physical health and what are some mind-body methods that help people to achieve their goals—health and otherwise?
- What are some roadblocks on the path to health and well-being? How can people overcome these obstacles?
Cynthia Thaik, M.D., is a Harvard-trained cardiologist who focuses on the mind-body connection to help her patients achieve overall health and wellness. She is board-certified in noninvasive cardiology and internal medicine and has been practicing medicine for over 20 years, specializing in women’s health, cardiovascular health and congestive heart failure
Born in Myanmar (formerly Burma), Dr. Cynthia’s practice is strongly influenced by her Eastern roots and her Buddhist faith. She helps her patients incorporate mindfulness, personal responsibility, Eastern philosophy and the mind-body-soul connection in order to achieve optimal health, happiness and peace in their lives. Her new book, Your Vibrant Heart: Restoring Health, Strength & Spirit for the Body's Core unites Eastern and Western medicine to take a whole life approach to heart health.
Dr. Cynthia studied at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine and Harvard Medical School and trained at Beth Israel, Massachusetts General and Brigham and Women’s hospitals.
She manages two successful cardiology clinics and is the founder of Revitalize-U, a wellness center in Burbank and Valencia, California, that focuses on health, nutrition, weight loss and detoxification. She is also the founder of the nonprofit Revitalize Youth, which empowers young people through education about nutrition, exercise, obesity and transformational thinking. Dr. Cynthia lives in Los Angeles with her husband and three children.
Links: www.drcynthia.com | www.yourvibrantheart.com
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.