Sydney-based audiologist, Emma Beedell joins eHealth Radio and the Hearing Health and Health News Channels to share what people misunderstand about their hearing and what it’s like to be an audiologist.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Emma Beedell discuss the following:
- Please tell the audience a bit about your background and how you ended up a leading audiologist?
- Much of our audience may not realise what acute hearing audiologists are experts in, could you tell us a little about the main reasons patients come to your clinic?
- What have you found is the biggest myth when it comes to ear wax removal for the average patient?
- Why are regular hearing tests important, and how often should we have our hearing tested?
- What advice would you give out audience to ensure that they don’t neglect their hearing in 2019?
Emma Beedell is an Audiologist, BSpHSc, MClinAud, MAudA(CCP).
Graduated from Macquarie University with a Bachelor of Speech and Hearing sciences and a Master of Clinical Audiology.
Emma has recently moved back home after working in Canberra for a few years. She enjoys working with clients of all ages but loves working with children.
Emma is passionate about providing information to clients to help them make informed decisions. She can support you through the hearing journey from testing to the fitting of a hearing aid, should it be necessary. Emma was a wide variety of knowledge across different products.
In her spare time, Emma enjoys a good book and taking her dog to the dog park.
Emma is an Audiology Australia accredited audiologist.
About Collective Care:
Located in Sydney’s rapidly growing north west (Bella Vista), our patients come to us from across the wider Sydney and New South Wales area. That’s because our clinics are led by trained and experienced medical staff. Our doctors and nurses are provided with ongoing mentoring, training, and development to ensure we are able to offer our patients the very best in care.
We also believe in the principle that quality healthcare should be accessible to all, so patients are offered access to Medicare rebatable service and reasonably priced consultations and procedures with one of our advanced trained General Practitioners.
For conditions that require the views of specialists or surgeons or other inter-speciality health professionals, our unique collective care case conferences give patients the reassurance of seeing their healthcare team connected to co-manage their condition with their collective expertise.