Dr. Nikki Martinez, Psychologist and Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor again joins eHealth Radio and the Mental Health, Health Care, Health News & TeleMental Health Channels to discuss treating substance abuse through telemental health and in primary Care.
- How common are substance abuse issues in the United States?
- You note that there are very high rates of mental health issues associated with substance abuse. What are those conditions and statistics?
- You wrote an article discussing the epidemic of this issue, as well as some guidelines for treating them in new environments. What made you see a need for this?
- What are some of the essential pieces of substance abuse treatment?
- Substance abuse and addictions are two of your specialities. What drew you too them, and how can people reach you for help?
Dr. Nikki Martinez received her Masters and her Doctorate from Illinois School of Professional Psychology, and completed her pre-doctoral and post-doctoral fellowship at Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, Illinois.
She is the Head of Clinical Development for www.DrNikkiMartinez.com, where she can be reached if you are interested in individual or couples work with her. She is an Adjunct Professor for 2 graduate programs, a Blogger for the Huffington Post, Everydaypowerblog, Older Dating, Success Stories, Sivana Spirit, Proud Stories, and a Contributor for the Chicago Tribune. She just published her first 8th book through Amazon.com.