March 25, 2017
Dr. May Wang is Co-Founder and CTO of ZingBox, a Silicon Valley IoT security startup with a mission to cure IoT Healthcare: Life or Death Mission joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care, Health News & Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. May Wang discuss the following:
- What is ZingBox’s vision?
- You have a statement “IoT Healthcare: Life or Death Mission? What’s so critical about this mission?
- How is ZingBox addressing this issue?
- How will your approach to help the healthcare industry address this issue?
- Do consumers/patients benefit from your solution?
Dr. May Wang is Chief Technology Officer (CTO) and Co-Founder of ZingBox. May was previously the Head of Asia Pac Research and a Principal Architect in the Cisco CTO office, leading the Internet of Things (IoT) innovation. She was responsible for driving new technology initiatives. She developed algorithms and built systems that are deployed in multiple Cisco best-selling products.
May’s work focuses on real-time large data analysis, cybersecurity, and next generation network architecture. She also serves as a Venture Partner at SAIF, a $4B Private Equity firm. She is on the advisory board of several VC firms and tech companies, as well as a Stanford Angels & Entrepreneurs member.
May has authored a book of biographies titled “Women Executives in Silicon Valley” and was the 10th President of NACSA, a high-tech professional organization with over 4,000 members. May received her Ph.D. from Stanford University in Electrical Engineering.
March 24, 2017
Aalap Shah, Co-Founder of SoMe Connect Chicago that provides full service digital media marketing for both Fortune 500 and local Chicago clients joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care & Health Marketing Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Aalap Shah discuss the following:
- How much concern is there around HIPPA and using paid search tactics against it? Do patients care about your social media marketing?
- Consumers and professionals alike sometimes don’t see the importance of marketing especially in a healthcare setting, how does marketing impact this industry?
- What are the top 3 things a new practice or doctor needs to do to establish themselves online?
- How has the landscape changed for healthcare providers? Or what is lacking in the market right now?
- What is the future of healthcare marketing?
Aalap Shah is an entrepreneur, public speaker, philanthropist and a co-founder of SoMe Connect Chicago, a full service digital media marketing agency that works with both Fortune 500 and local Chicago clients. SoMe Connect is one of the top 15 social media agencies in the country (as named by Upcity), and recently named the top B2B Shop 2017 by Chief Marketer Magazine. Aalap handles new business develop and customer engagement within SoMe.
Aalap can often be found sharing his experience and passion for creative content development, digital marketing strategy, and search engine optimization at events such as NBEA, Clickz, Social Media Week, Media Post, and DePaul University.
A husband and father of two, Aalap has also dedicated his life to philanthropy – serving as an e-council member for the Network For Teaching Entrepreneurship, a board member for the Illinois Mathematics Science Academy, and a volunteer for Teach For America. Aalap has also been recognized as a “Chicago Crain’s Emerging Young Philanthropist” and as the “National Volunteer of the Year” by Network For Teaching Entrepreneurship.
March 21, 2017
Dr. Ryan Harvey, the Deputy Medical Director at House Call Doctor joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Health News Channels. Dr Harvey is highly experienced in paediatrics and has worked in several international hospitals, providing medical care to remote communities. In his role with House Call Doctor, Dr Harvey treats patients in the privacy of their own home, when urgent medical situations arise.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Ryan Harvey discuss the following:
- What is the role of an after-hours doctor?
- How much does a home doctor charge?
- Can after-hour doctors replace a regular GP (General Practitioner)?
- Are home doctors fully qualified?
- Can an after-hours doctor provide medication?
Dr Ryan Harvey is the Deputy Medical Director at House Call Doctor, an Queensland based company which provides after-hours medical treatment for people in their own homes.
Before Dr Harvey graduated from James Cook University in Townsville with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery, he worked in a variety of low-resource hospitals throughout the Fijian islands.
After living in these remote communities Dr Harvey moved back to Australia where he gained experience in Paediatric Surgery at Brisbane’s Royal Children’s Hospital, treated kids with surgical conditions in Hervey Bay and Mackay Base Hospital, and completed locum work in regional NSW and SA Emergency Departments.
Then, in 2015 before he joined the House Call Doctor team, Dr Harvey relocated with his wife to the United Kingdom where he worked in busy London Emergency departments.
Social Media Links:
March 2, 2017
Alex Goldberg, CEO at Provata Health, a digital health company that improves health and lowers medical costs by creating innovative digital health products and solutions joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care, Health News & Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Alex Goldberg discuss the following:
- Your digital health company is turning its attention to mental health - in your view is mental health a significant factor in overall physical well being? How significant is it and why place such a focus on it right now?
- Are there common misconceptions about mental health that you have run into while working on Provata VR and engaging with your customers?
- Who are some of the clients you are sending headsets to and what kind of feedback have you received?
- What role should the workplace play in health and wellness - to include mental wellness - and what would you tell a CEO who was considering starting a program for the first time?
- What are your personal tips, things that you practice every day?
Alex Goldberg is CEO of Provata Health, which delivers the first digital health platform proven in peer-reviewed medical journals to positively impact both the mental and physical health of participants. Provata partners with employers, health plans, and hospital systems to deliver digital programs that are scientifically designed, tested, and proven to change behaviors and generate significant health outcomes.
Forbes dubbed Provata as the startup leading the digital health revolution; while other media outlets including Inc., Entrepreneur, the Huffington Post, and Geekwire have celebrated Provata’s impact on the digital health landscape.
The company is changing the healthcare industry by pioneering digital preventive medicine proven to generate better health, better care, and lower medical costs.
Watch the Video: http://provatahealth.com/vr-health#provata-vr-video
Website for the app: http://provatahealth.com/vr-health
Download the app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/provata-vr-guided-meditation
February 25, 2017
Jorge Perdomo, Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy and Development for Home8care, which provides low-cost, next-generation solutions for elder care and monitoring joins eHealth Radio and the Senior Care and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Jorge Perdomo discuss the following:
- Is the elder care market growing? Do you have any statistic to bear this out?
- How can technology help older people live at home longer?
- What was the reason behind creating Home8care?
- Outline the different elements/products under Home8care.
- All the products under Home8care use video verification. Why is this important and what are the advantages of this technology in terms of response in a health emergency?
Summary: If you have someone who is elderly and wants to continue living at home, there are a wide variety of technological options to help you accomplish this goal.
Jorge Perdomo joined Home8care as their new Senior Vice President of Corporate Strategy & Development, having over 19 years of experience in the wireless industry. Before joining MivaTek, Mr. Perdomo was the Lead Business & Market Development for Digital Life International at AT&T. Prior to that he was Senior Strategic Product Marketing Manager for Worldwide Peripheral Products at ADT Security Services, Division of Tyco International. He also served as Vice President of Business Development for Generation One, Inc., a remote managed Healthcare solution. Prior to joining GenerationOne, he served as Senior Intellectual Property Licensing & New Business Development for Motorola, where he worked for 11 years in a variety of positions after being recruited into the prestigious Motorola Engineering Rotation Program.
Social Media Links:
February 16, 2017
Eileen Swierczsynki, marketing manager for AED Superstore, the world’s largest distributor of automated external defibrillators joins eHealth Radio and the Heart Health, Emergency Care & Health News Channels to discuss AED's & the liability myth.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Eileen Swierczsynki discuss the following:
- Today we are talking about Automated External De-fib-rillators - also called AEDs - and the questions some may have regarding what, if any, liability risks are involved in owning one of these life-saving devices. First let’s talk a little bit about what, exactly, AEDs are.
- So if AEDs are so important to survival for someone in sudden cardiac arrest, why aren’t there more AEDs around? I mean, I usually see them in airports, malls and schools, but why aren’t they everywhere?
- I have to admit, that does seem intimidating, and I can’t blame them for feeling that way. But you say there really is no reason to worry about litigation - why is that?
- So what is your recommendation with regard to AEDs? Is it worth the risk?
Eileen Swierczynski is the Marketing Manager for AED Superstore and, as such, has spent the last year learning as much as she possibly can about sudden cardiac arrest (SCA), automated external defibrillators, and the heart. She has a passion for spreading awareness of SCA so more lives can be saved and encourages everyone to take a CPR/AED class because you never know when you will need it.
Social Media Links:
February 13, 2017
Arminda Figueroa, President & Founder of Latin2Latin Marketing + Communications, LLC, an award winning agency, where they connect brands, talent, businesses, communities, government and media partners to create winning solutions joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Health Marketing Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Arminda Figueroa discuss the following:
- Please give us a brief over view of the creation and growth of Latin2Latin Marketing+Communications?
- Why do you believe health and wellness organizations have embraced you and your Latin Readiness Assessment Tool?
- Why are the marketing and public relations campaigns that you and your agency create specifically to break down cultural barriers to navigating the American medical system for non-English speaking or ESL patients important?
- Can you briefly outline a successful outreach program?
- What challenges do you think patients and healthcare providers will face over the next few years and how do you think marketing will be able to overcome them?
A true maverick, Arminda "Mindy" Figueroa is a recognized leader in the traditional, multicultural, direct and digital marketing fields, and has built a successful career focused on generating awareness of the essential role of the multicultural market in corporate America.
Prior to launching L2L, Mindy was Project Director for Scholastic Media, and oversaw the launch of the children's TV series, Maya & Miguel, the #1 new TV show for kids on PBS. Figueroa previously held senior marketing positions at The Bravo Group (a Young & Rubicam agency), Univision.com, Verizon and Anheuser-Busch.
Ms. Figueroa is a frequent presenter at industry seminars and conferences, and is a board member of the Hispanic Federation of New York among others. A native of San Juan, Figueroa has received numerous recognitions from various community and professional organizations including: 2012 The Boys & Girls Clubs of Broward County - 100 Outstanding Women of Broward; the 2011 Greater Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce “Small Business Person of the Year” and the “2011 Established Small Business of the Year Winner”.
Social Media Links:
February 12, 2017
Sonia Magliocchi, Director at Digital Marketing Specialists that helps dentists to generate more leads, increase revenue and boost their profits joins eHealth Radio and the Dentistry & Health Marketing Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Sonia Magliocchi discuss the following:
- Can you tell us a little bit more what digital marketing means and how digital marketing would benefit dentists in particular?
- What in your opinion is the most important thing to get for dentists who are thinking about using digital marketing for generating leads and for growing their business online?
- What are the top 3 tools you recommend dentists to use for their digital marketing efforts?
- There are so many digital marketing companies, what makes your company, Digital Marketing Specialists unique?
- Do you have anything you would like to say to our dentists or listeners in conclusion?
Whether you have just started your own dental practice or been a dentist for many years, your practice will require a consistent flow of new leads and patients to ensure it grows and remains profitable.
Digital Marketing Specialists provides holistic digital marketing strategies for dental practices. Their digital marketing strategies are unique in that they are guaranteed to work and provide an excellent return on investment too. Their strategies are customised for each dental practice and their focus is to maximise your profits and streamline your entire lead generation process with sales training and support too.
Sonia Magliocchi, director of Digital Marketing Specialists is a Google Certified Partner and Certified Google AdWords professional. She is a sought after industry speaker for Digital Marketing, a Blog author for HerBusiness.com and is an expert in Big Data and Analytical Data including Google Analytics. She is passionate and has extensive experience working with marketing data, designing lead system flows and integrations working with some of the most popular platforms including Dental for Windows, Salesforce, HubSpot, WordPress, MailChimp and many other email marketing platforms and well versed in all social media platforms. Sonia’s other passion is helping small business’ to succeed.
As a small business owner herself she finds it very rewarding to know her clients are happy, receiving great customer service, best practice recommended solutions and benefiting from an excellent ROI. Sonia understands that a healthy and successful business often provides for many great personal experiences and opportunities in life.
Social Media Links:
February 10, 2017
Dr. Gay Gooden, Co-founder and Telemedicine Physician with RelyMD, a virtual health service that provides 24/7 access to board-certified emergency medicine doctors for both adults and children via video consultation joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare & TeleMedicine Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Gay Gooden discuss the following:
- The number of patients using telehealth services is expected to rise from less than 350,000 in 2013 to nearly seven million in 2018. Why do you think those numbers are increasing so rapidly?
- Health systems and patients aren’t the only ones reaping the benefits of telemedicine. What other types of organizations are seeing reductions in costs?
- We’ve heard about two industries that are actively using telemedicine. Are there other fields where telemedicine will also see growth?
- It sounds like there is a lot of good coming from telemedicine. What are the barriers that still need to be overcome?
- You’re a co-founder and an actively practicing physician with RelyMD. Can you tell us a little about the company?
Dr. Gay Gooden is a practicing board-certified emergency medicine physician at Wake Emergency Physicians, PA in Raleigh, N.C. She is a co-founder of RelyMD and currently serves as the Medical Staff President of WakeMed Cary. Dr. Gooden completed both her Doctorate of Medicine and residency training in Emergency Medicine at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She also received her bachelor of science in biology at UNC.
RelyMD, is a virtual health service that provides 24/7 access to board-certified emergency medicine doctors for both adults and children via video consultation. Patients are able to seek treatment from a doctor with an average wait time of less than 10 minutes via web browser or mobile app. RelyMD is owned and staffed by Wake Emergency Physicians, PA, a group of 100 emergency medicine physicians who provide care to approximately 300,000 patients annually at hospitals throughout the region.
Social Media Links:
February 10, 2017
Dr. Keith Overland, a practicing chiropractor who is also a past president at the American Chiropractic Association, the leading professional association representing chiropractors in the United States joins eHealth Radio and the Chiropractor & Health News Channels. Dr. Overland runs a clinic in Norwalk, Connecticut, and he has also been very active over his career in treating professional and world-class athletes on-site at events.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Keith Overland discuss the following:
- When should I see a chiropractor (what conditions do they treat)?
- Is chiropractic treatment supported by research?
- Does insurance cover chiropractic services, and do patients need to get a referral from their medical doctor first?
- What type of education and training do chiropractors receive before they can practice?
- How does one best select a chiropractor?
Keith Overland, DC, CCSP has run a private chiropractic practice in Norwalk, Conn., for more than 30 years. As a member of the American Chiropractic Association (ACA), he has dedicated considerable time over his career to helping patients obtain access to conservative, cost-effective chiropractic care and to promoting the benefits of a healthy and active lifestyle. He served previously on ACA’s Health Care Reform Task Force and also worked with the association’s political action committee.
In his home state, Dr. Overland served as a co-chair of the Connecticut Governors Committee on Physical Fitness, a member of Sen. Joseph Lieberman’s Health Care Task Force and a member of Rep. Christopher Shays’ Task Force on Human Services. He is a past president of both the Connecticut Chiropractic Association and the New England Chiropractic Council.
A 1981 graduate of New York Chiropractic College (NYCC), Dr. Overland has also made a mark in sports chiropractic, having worked with the New York Mets, the United State Speed Skating team, the United States Olympic Training Center, the World Games in Taiwan and countless other state and local teams. He has taught undergraduate sports chiropractic courses at the University of Bridgeport College of Chiropractic and serves on that institution’s postgraduate faculty.
Social Media Links: