September 21, 2017
Ed Berde, the CEO and cofounder of Rx.Health, a healthcare technology company born out of the Mount Sinai Health system joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Health News Channels to discuss the company’s flagship product, RxUniverse.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Ed Berde discuss the following:
- So what exactly is RxUniverse?
- What do you mean by prescribing Digital Medicine to patients?
- What do you believe Digital Medicine’s place is in healthcare moving forward?
- So the benefit to the patient is pretty clear, but what is the benefit to the doctor prescribing Digital Medicine?
- How did you get involved with Digital Medicine?
Ed Berde is a serial entrepreneur who has launched several successful startups and is the CEO and cofounder of Rx.Health. Berde joins Rx.Health from Business Consulting Solutions, a technology consulting firm which he co-founded and successfully ran for over 20 years. Berde's technological insight allowed Business Consulting to attain quick success and attract prestigious clients, including Guardian Life Insurance, Morgan Stanley, Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield, Nestlé, Lazard, and ADP.
An alumnus of Villanova, Cornell and Andersen Consulting, Berde's entrance into the startup world was as co-founder and CTO of Tips.com. Berde's startup experience also includes directly running and growing key departments for Rimini Street. Berde has also been a Director on the board of Clover Health Insurance, part of Clover Health, since its inception and continues to serve on the board today.
September 17, 2017
Cathy Campbell, Director of Program Management for Tru-D SmartUVC, a leader in the UV disinfection industry joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Health News Channels.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Cathy Campbell discuss the following:
- What is UVC disinfection and how long has it been used in health care facilities?
- How does UVC help to reduce hospital-acquired infections?
- What does that mean for me as a patient?
- For hospitals, how does UVC provide a return on investment?
- What’s unique about Tru-D SmartUVC?
Cathy Campbell has more than 20 years of experience in the development and implementation of Environmental Service programs. She has contributed to product innovations, infection prevention support, sustainability efforts and technical training for Environmental Services specifically within health care.
Cathy earned her Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration and Applied Management from Grand Canyon University. In 2016, she earned a Certificate of Mastery in Infection Prevention through the Association for the Healthcare Environment (AHE). She has established herself as a subject matter expert for health care environmental services throughout her career in a variety of operational, technical support and organizational effectiveness team roles. Her broad experience in conducting surveys, educating and training as well as creating and implementing standardized work procedures augments Tru-D SmartUVC’s capability to enhance operational excellence in the health care environment.
Social Media Links:
September 1, 2017
Beau Bush, President and Founder of Ozmosi, discusses the trends shaping the Pharma Analytics industry and what Ozmosi is doing to help transform this field joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care, Health News and Pharmaceutical Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Beau Bush discuss the following:
- What is Ozmosi? What were the elements that stimulated the conception for the company? Can you give us a quick snapshot of the company’s history and its evolution over the years?
- What exactly does your company help them to do? What kind of challenges do they face?
- Could you give some insight on the current technological trends shaping the Pharma Analytics industry? Also, how do you inject those trends into the effective solutions you offer?
- Can you talk more about the free website you mentioned? How does that play a role in all of this?
- Ozmosi invests greatly on innovative technologies to enhance Pharma Analytics measures. Can you please elaborate on the technologies you follow and the way you implement them within your client’s operations?
- What do you hope the industry can accomplish with advances in technology? Who would benefit most from your solutions services?
- Talking about the pharmaceutical industry’s roadmap, where do you see things in a few years down the lane? And how will this ultimately change the healthcare industry as we know it?
Beau Bush is the President and Founder of Ozmosi. Beau brings to every client a rich background in predictive analytics, risk assessments, and valuation models for the pharmaceutical industry. He has more than 15 years of experience in developing data-based business and investment strategies, including extensive experience preparing and delivering senior-level summaries and recommendations for global investment and growth strategies.
After more than a decade working on new product development, Beau left his position as Associate Director of Strategy and Portfolio Analysis at Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) in 2013, when he saw the opportunity to engage more directly with an increasingly complex and dynamic healthcare market.
With newly emerging business models and increasing complexity in drug development making it more and more difficult to predict the impact of new products—or decide which products to pursue—Beau envisioned a company that could bring clarity and confidence to the investment decisions that shape tomorrow’s pharmaceutical products. In 2012 he launched Ozmosi, a competitive pharmaceutical analytics company based in New Jersey.
Beau has a BS in biology from Rutgers University and has worked in several industries, including finance, pharmaceuticals, marine biology, environmental science, and business consulting. He brings to Ozmosi a deep understanding and broad knowledge of global market valuation and healthcare product development, as well as an extensive network of industry experts.
Websites: GlobalClinicalTrialData.com | www.ozmosi.com
August 24, 2017
Melissa Gonzales, Managing Director of Medela USA business unit, the largest of the Medela group joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Health News Channels.
Medela concentrates on two business units: "Human Milk" and "Healthcare". The “Human Milk” division is leading in the development and production of breast milk feeding products, the "Healthcare" division provides progressive solutions that make it easier for healthcare professionals to care for their patients.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Melissa Gonzales discuss the following:
- I understand you also has a nursing background which I am sure is quite helpful for your role at Medela.
- I didn’t realize that Medela had products beyond the Breast Feeding range. Tell me a little bit about your Healthcare division.
- How does Medela help these patients with their diabetic ulcers?
- So NPWT helps these patients’ wounds heal more quickly? What’s different about your product?
- So to clarify, you have a product which provides the reliability of normal NPWT but yet provides the convenience of a personal device?
- Let`s get into the details of your portfolio again - you offer a "classical" re-usable pump as well, correct?
- Sounds all quite practical to me. Here comes to my mind: if everything is so easy… can I change the wound dressing on my own as a patient?
- Are there really synergies between the Human Milk and the Healthcare segment?
Melissa Gonzales serves as managing director of the Medela USA business unit, the largest within the Medela group. In this position, she manages both the Human Milk and Healthcare businesses. The “Human Milk” division is leading in the development and production of breast milk feeding products, the "Healthcare" division provides progressive solutions that make it easier for healthcare professionals to care for their patients.
Melissa joined Medela in 2008 as vice president of the healthcare division, before moving to support the breast milk side of the business as vice president of professional business. Prior to her current role, Melissa served as the vice president of sales and channel management for human milk.
Actively involved in her community, Melissa serves as on the board of the Northern Illinois Chapter for March of Dimes, as well as Chair for the McHenry County March for Babies. She is an active member in the American Legion Auxiliary, University of Illinois Alumni Association, Professional Women in Healthcare and the National Association for Professional Women.
Melissa graduated with a BSN from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and received her M.B.A.from the Keller Graduate School of Management.
She currently maintains her license as Licensed Registered Nurse in State of Illinois.
Melissa lives in Tinley Park, Illinois with her husband and enjoys traveling, spending time with family and working on her golf game.
August 11, 2017
Mr. David Davis, President and CEO at Shared Health Services who partners with hospitals to open and manage outpatient wound care and hyperbaric oxygen therapy centers across the United States joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Health News Channels.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest David Davis discuss the following:
- What is a chronic wound?
- How many chronic wounds are there in America?
- What types of wounds become chronic wounds?
- Where, and how, are chronic wounds treated?
- What is hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy?
- What are some of the diagnosis's that HBO is used to treat?
- How does Shared Health Services work with hospitals?
David Davis, BS, RRT, CHT is a former United States Congressman, Joint Commission Surveyor and healthcare entrepreneur. He holds a degree in Organizational Management from Milligan College, an A.S. in Respiratory Therapy from California College for the Health Sciences, and Certification in Respiratory Care from East Tennessee State University. During his 30 years in the health care industry, he managed several Respiratory Care Departments throughout the Southeastern U.S., started and managed a very successful multi-state home medical equipment company, Advanced Home Care, in 1986, served as a Joint Commission surveyor and founded Shared Health Services in 1996. Known as a leader in his local community and in his home state, he has served as a Leadership Council Member for the National Federation of Independent Business; as Chairman, Medicare Part B, Tennessee Association for Home Care; as Clinical Adjunct Faculty Member, Respiratory Care Department, East Tennessee State University; and as a member of the American Association for Respiratory Care.
Shared Health Services is a wound care company who contracts with hospitals to help them open and manage successful outpatient wound care and hyperbaric oxygen centers. The mission of our Centers of Excellence is to heal chronic wounds, improve patient outcomes, help prevent limb loss and provide a profitable service for our contracted hospitals.
August 2, 2017
Dr. Steve Gnatz, MD, MHA, Chief Medical Officer of Integrated Rehab Consultants (IRC) joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care, Health News & Rehab Channels. IRC provides rehabilitation physicians (also called physiatrists) to more than 300 skilled nursing facilities across the country to improve patient care and get rehab patients home sooner.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guest Dr. Steve Gnatz discuss the following:
- You are a physiatrist and Past President of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Can you please tell us what a physiatrist is?
- In terms of rehab, your group, Integrated Rehab Consultants, provides an interesting service. Can you please explain?
- Why is physiatry in skilled nursing facilities so hot right now?
- How do physiatrists make patient care better in skilled nursing facilities?
- Should patients going into rehab after something like a stroke or orthopedic surgery look for a facility with a physiatrist?
Steve M. Gnatz, M.D., M.H.A., is the Chief Medical Officer for Integrated Rehab Consultants, a nationwide group of physiatrists practicing sub-acute rehabilitation. He holds a faculty appointment as Professor in the department of Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation at Loyola University Medical Center in Maywood, Illinois.
Dr. Gnatz served as Medical Director of PM&R at Loyola between 2004 and 2014. Prior to that, he was Medical Director and EVP for Medical Services at Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital. He also previously held the position of Medical Director of the Howard A. Rusk Rehabilitation Center in Columbia, Missouri. At the University of Missouri, he was Professor and Chair of Clinical Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) between 1996 and 2001.
Dr. Gnatz received his medical degree (MD) from the University of Illinois and completed his residency in PM&R at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. He received a master’s degree in health administration (MHA) from the University of Missouri.
He has authored many peer-reviewed articles and the well-regarded book EMG Basics. An avid lecturer, his CV lists over 100 presentations to audiences of all types on a wide variety of topics.
Dr Gnatz remains very active in organized medicine, currently holding the position of President of the US Bone and Joint Initiative – the US National Action Network sanctioned by the World Health Organization – with the goal of minimizing the burden of musculoskeletal disorders in America. He is also Past President of the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (2005-2006) and has held many other leadership positions in professional associations.
June 23, 2017
Andrew Lekashman, business expansion manager at ASI Audiology (ASI) that provides hearing healthcare to those with hearing loss in Iowa and now some locations in Kansas & Missouri joins eHealth Radio and the Hearing Health, Health Care and News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Andrew Lekashman discuss the following:
- How do I get hearing loss?
- What treatment options are available for hearing loss?
- What is tinnitus and how is it treated?
- How are dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease connected to hearing loss?
- What is the risk in doing nothing about hearing loss?
Andrew Lekashman is a Hearing Instrument Specialist based out of Red Oak, Iowa. He works with ClearValue Hearing, ASI Audiology, and Libel Hearing Aid Centers to educate people about hearing loss around the United States.
Social Media Links:
June 20, 2017
Dr. Mark Hochman, the inventor of an advanced painless injection technology that he and the company he is involved with, Milestone Scientific, have brought to market first in the dental sector and that is now advancing into the medical sector joins eHealth Radio and the Dental Care & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Mark Hochman discuss the following:
- Please tell us briefly who Milestone Scientific is, what you do and about the instrument we are here to talk about?
- What makes this instrument so special and useful?
- Tell listeners how this specifically helps patients? Doctors?
- When should we see this in use in the US?
- Are there other applications for this instrument and the technology?
Dr. Mark Hochman, D.D.S., Director of Clinical Affairs for Milestone Scientific, Inc. He has served as Director of Clinical Affairs and Director of Research and Development since 1999. He has a Doctorate of Dental Surgery with advanced training in multiple specialties in dentistry.
He formally held a part-time faculty appointment as a clinical associate professor at NYU School of Dental Surgery for over ten years and he remains an active international lecturer on a variety of topics. He is recognized as a world authority on Advanced Drug Delivery Systems, having published numerous scientific articles in this area, and is credited for developing several new injection techniques using these innovative technologies.
Dr. Hochman has been responsible for inventing and contributing to the development of much of the cutting-edge innovations from Milestone Scientific, he is the primary inventor for over 20+ patents and continues to advance the art and science of subcutaneous drug delivery systems.
LATEST NEWS: (June 12, 2017) MILESTONE SCIENTIFIC ANNOUNCES 510(k) FDA CLEARANCE FOR COMPUFLO® EPIDURAL INSTRUMENT - View press release
June 16, 2017
Robert Armstrong the Co-Founder and CEO of Appstem a leading software design and development firm creating innovative mobile and web products that specializes in mobile apps, web development, IoT integration, and backend solutions joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Robert Armstrong discuss the following:
- What are some of the ways that you've seen healthcare companies use mobile technology?
- What is the impact of wearables in today's industry?
- Do you think that telemedicine will have a dramatic impact on people's access to healthcare?
- The healthcare industry has a reputation of being very proprietary and siloed? Is that changing?
- What are some of the issues that a start-up should consider before developing a mobile healthcare app?
Robert Armstrong is the Co-Founder and CEO of Appstem, a leading mobile design and development firm. He has been selling technology products and services for the last 15 years. Prior to Appstem, Robert spent five years at Oracle Corporation selling enterprise application software and left in 2010 when he saw an opportunity in the mobile application market. Robert has a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Marketing from California State University, Chico.
Social Media Links:
June 10, 2017
Josephine Guzman, Sr. Director Physician Relations at Lenox Hill Hospital, located on Manhattan’s Upper East Side with a national reputation for outstanding patient care and innovative medical and surgical treatments joins eHealth Radio and the Diabetes, Health Care and Health News Channels to discuss their Diabetes Inititative within the Lation community.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Josephine Guzman discuss the following:
- In addition to your role as Sr. Director, Physician Recruitment at Lenox Hill Hospital in New York, you act as Multicultural or Latino patient champion and are spearheading a population management initiative called Life YES, Diabetes NO! Tell us about that.
- Why is a campaign to educate and fight diabetes in the Latino Community important?
- What is unique about this campaign?
- What are some actions you are taking through this campaign?
- How will you measure the success?
As Sr. Director of Physician Relations, Josie Guzman plays a critical role in attracting new physician talent to the institution and is the facilitator of information and resources between Northwell Health Lenox Hill Hospital, the internal medical team and the affiliated physicians located throughout the New York metropolitan area, ensuring that these physicians provide the highest quality care possible to their patients regardless of their location or ethnic or economic background. Josie’s business successes have been coupled with many personal successes including her deep commitment to the community in which she lives. She lives in the same neighborhood of her youth and is satisfied to know she has opened doors for others of her gender and nationality.
You can follow the campaign and get updates on “¡Vida SI, Diabetes NO!” (Life YES, Diabetes NO!) on social media including Facebook, also on Twitter @VidaSIDiabetesNO and on Instagram under user name @vsidno.