Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Leonard Perlmutter discuss the following:
- Tell us about your new book The Heart and Science of Yoga.
- What important information would you like to share about its contents?
- What are some of the key health benefits of yoga and meditation? Are there any scientific studies you can point to?
- Why is yoga so popular? We are now seeing yoga centers for children and work environments are bringing in yoga experts.
- Insomnia is an epidemic in the United States and Americans work long hours and with tech gadgets it is difficult to disconnect. How can yoga and meditation help with insomnia and what tips can you offer our listeners?
Founder and director of The American Meditation Institute, Leonard is the author of “Transformation,” The Journal of Meditation as Mind/Body Medicine and his new book – “The Heart and Science of Yoga® : A Blueprint for Peace, Happiness and Freedom from Fear.” His Heart and Science of Yoga® entry-level course has been accredited by the Albany Medical College, American Medical Association, American Psychological Association, the Massachusetts Association of Registered Nurses and American Nurses Association to receive medical education credit. Leonard has been a student of Yoga Science since 1975 and a direct disciple of mind/body medicine pioneer Swami Rama of the Himalayas.
Located in the picturesque foothills of the Berkshire Mountains just 12 miles from Albany, AMI provides a peaceful, healthy setting to learn practical skills that enhance physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. Since 1996 the mind/body medicine teaching at AMI has reflected the best of the ancient Himalayan wisdom tradition and of all major meditation traditions.
Social Media Links:
The views and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the eHealth Radio Network.