The Future of Healthcare: LifeQ, the provider of biometrics and health information derived from wearable devices
Laurie Olivier, the Chief Executive Officer of LifeQ, the leading independent provider of biometrics and health information derived from wearable devices used in world leading health management solutions joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Laurie Olivier discuss the following:
- You bring over three decades of global technology and business leadership as CEO and founder of LifeQ, and you have served on the boards of more than 50 startup, private and public companies around the world. Tell us about yourself, and how you founded LifeQ.
- What is LifeQ’s mission, and what does it do that is currently not being done?
- Tell us about the biggest pain points when it comes to the digital aspect of healthcare, as well as your outlook on health and wellness technology.
- How is LifeQ sequencing its coverages of the cardiovascular, respiratory, sleep, fitness, mental, musculoskeletal, renal and other areas?
- How do you foresee LifeQ fitting into the future of healthcare and the overall health and wellness of people who use it?
Laurie Olivier is the Chief Executive Officer of LifeQ, the leading independent provider of biometrics and health information derived from wearable devices used in world leading health management solutions. Mr. Olivier leads the firm’s growth and overall vision, including investment, strategy and partnerships with global leaders in wearables, silicon manufacturers, digital platforms, and insurance companies — leading the movement toward improving health and wellness around the world.
Mr. Olivier brings over three decades of global technology and business leadership, thirty years of venture capital and private equity experience, and has served on the boards of more than 50 startup, private and public companies around the world, including the largest industrial conglomerate in South Africa. As the Atlanta-based partner of 4Di Capital, the South African based early-stage venture capital management firm, and the US-based partner of Veritas Venture Partners, a pioneering seed stage Israeli VC firm, Mr. Olivier is passionate about developing new technologies into startups that positively impact people and society.
Founded in 2014, LifeQ has two key value propositions: enable wearable devices to provide business and near clinical-grade health information streams; and generate health and wellness solutions for consumer, business and clinical applications.
Mr. Olivier earned his Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering from the University of Pretoria; a Bachelor of Commerce in Finance and Strategic Marketing; and a Diploma in Datametrics and Operational Research from the University of South Africa. Mr. Olivier’s work has been recognized by Dow Jones Venture Reporter, the Atlanta Journal Constitution, and the American Israel Chamber of Commerce. A native of Groot Marico, South Africa, Mr. Olivier lives in Atlanta with his wife.