January 15, 2019
Gabriel Mecklenburg, COO and Co-Founder of Hinge Health, the #1 digital health company that delivers mobile-first, at home best-practice care that improves the lives of everyday people with chronic conditions joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Pain Management Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Gabriel Mecklenburg discuss the following:
- How big is the musculoskeletal pain problem in the US? What does it entail?
- How does the opioid epidemic play a role in chronic musculoskeletal pain? What is the Hinge Health program?
- How is the approach treating musculoskeletal pain? Are there any side effects to this approach?
- What can people do to prevent future musculoskeletal injuries?
- How did you get into the world of musculoskeletal pain and treatment?
- There’s been a lot of momentum in the digital healthcare space as of late, what factors are driving this trend?
Ever since a ligament tear ended his days on the Judo mat, Gabriel has been passionate about joint health.
Originally from Germany, Gabriel graduated top of his class at the University of Cambridge and went on to research musculoskeletal regenerative medicine at Imperial College London.
As Co-founder and Head of Care Pathways, Gabriel brings clinical research and experience to the deployment of Hinge Health’s care pathways.
December 29, 2018
Laura D. Jackson, BSN, MPH and Co-Founder of iFALLCEPT, a company that has developed the first iOS app available to the public to help stop falls, a deadly killer among seniors that is often addressed to late, joins eHealth Radio and the Senior Care and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Laura D. Jackson discuss the following:
- Tell us a little bit about your background and how it lead into creating the first in-home fall safety app in the App Store?
- What are the statistics surrounding falls in the home? Is it really that large of a problem?
- So how does iFALLCEPT work?
- What are some recommendations you can provide to our listeners immediately to help with fall prevention in their homes, parents, relatives or friends?
- Who's your target audience and what has been the experience so far?
- What are the advantages of this app?
Laura D Jackson as co-founder of iFALLCEPT leads outreach and public awareness on Senior falls and prevention. Laura brings with her a Bachelor of Nursing and a Masters in Public Health. She successfully created and managed a thriving home health agency for nearly 20 years, Patient Care Services Inc (PCS).
PCS was a certified Medicare home health agency that employed hundreds of healthcare workers including Nurses, Aides and Therapists and served thousands of patients. PCS was awarded the highest credentials from JCAHO auditors and was recognized for providing quality care to thousands of aging seniors and the disabled.
Awareness and advocacy of Seniors and their healthcare has long been Laura's passion.
Laura found herself not only a senior advocate through her business but also found a passion through her aging parents. Her medical background had proved invaluable many times when it came to the care her own parents received in the healthcare system.
Launching iFALLCEPT was a culmination of a long history in healthcare and her passion to continue to make a difference in seniors’ lives. iFALLCEPT was a labor of love, but unfortunately, Laura’s father was one of the many senseless deaths due to falling. Too many of us hear too often, “after he/she fell, it was all downhill from there”. Now that Laura is a senior herself, many of her friends have now experienced devastating falls.
Falls are a complex problem, but simple steps and simple habits can make a significant impact. From daily exercise and medication review to your home fall risk assessment, each senior can make a difference and impact their own lives through the choices and habits they make. Smart and Healthy living comes from simple habits like an afternoon walk to regular use of products like iFALLCEPT that put the power of healthy living in your hands. Starting today brings a healthy and happy tomorrow.
November 19, 2018
Brett Wilson, President at Digital Doc LLC, the leader in cavity detection technology for Dentists joins eHealth Radio and the Dental Health and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Brett Wilson discuss the following:
- Tell us a little bit about your experience in the dental field? What is Digital Doc, why are you so passionate about dental health technology?
- What are the top three things consumers should be asking on their initial phone call when vetting a new dentist?
- How has dentistry evolved? Should patients expect a different experience than they did 20 years ago?
- What is DigitalDoc doing to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to serving dentists and patients?
- Do you have any advice for patients who feel like their dentist may be behind when it comes to dental technology?
Digital Doc has been family owned and operated for almost 20 years. Digital Doc is the leading manufacturer of intra-oral dental cameras in the US. They're tagline is, "See More. Do More." This means that the driving force of their business is giving Dentists the tools to "See More" through the use of Digital Doc products allowing Dentists to "Do More" meaning, offering more accurate cavity detection and preventative dental care solutions.
At the heart of the company is a desire to create products that inspire change. They are able to deliver this through the designing and building of premium intra-oral cameras that create emotionally charged imagery. These crystal clear images drive impactful clinical conversations that result in increased patient education and preventative dental care.
For 17 years Brett has pursued ambitious results from his work selling and managing in the dealer network, running the family business, Digital Doc, to creating new start-ups. His experience integrating industry-leading technology leads his constant drive to improve innovation. One of his core values ‘being the change you wish to see’ motivates Brett, keeping him focused on developing individuals to seek both personal and professional growth.
Social Media Links:
October 4, 2018
Aneela Idnani, Co-Founder & "Chief Trichster" at HabitAware joins eHealth Radio and the Health News & Technology Channels. She is the inspiration for HabitAware's Keen smart bracelet to help people overcome unwanted behaviors like compulsive hair pulling, skin picking and nail biting.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Aneela Idnani discuss the following:
- Tell us a little bit about your experience with compulsive hair pulling disorder, also known as trichotillomania?
- How did you come up with the idea to use technology to help you & how does the Keen bracelet work?
- What resources are out there for someone who may just be realizing they have Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- What does recovery mean to you personally?
- Can you please share one thing someone can do today to get started on their journey to BFRB awareness and recovery?
Aneela Idnani is Cofounder & President/CMO of HabitAware. HabitAware uses patented wearable technology to help people “Retrain The Brain” from detrimental behaviors to positive ones and on becoming the standard of care for debilitating mental health conditions.
Aneela is also an outspoken mental health advocate, having grown up with a common, yet relatively unknown condition called #trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling). Aneela is a HAX hardware accelerator alumnus and her company recently received a research grant from the NIH to improve their device and validate Keen as a treatment for trichotillomania and sister disorders. Her life’s work (HabitAware) has been featured on TechCrunch, The Washington Post, Prevention Magazine and more.
Social Media Links:
September 15, 2018
John Gribbin, CEO and Co-Founder of Curable the healthcare technology company to help manage chronic pain joins eHealth Radio and the Pain Management and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest John Gribbin discuss the following:
- What is Curable?
- Why did you decide to start Curable?
- What is a biopsychosocial approach and how does it help with pain relief on the app?
- What has been the response from the medical community and the users?
- Where do you see Curable headed in the future as a company and as a solution to chronic pain?
John Gribbin is the CEO and a co-founder of Curable. John is an experienced entrepreneur across multiple industries. He is also a former 15-year sufferer of chronic low back pain. Through the treatment method Curable delivers, he was able to completely resolve his pain symptoms and limitations.
August 27, 2018
George Brandes, Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer for Pacify, a telehealth app that provides 24/7 support to new parents joins eHealth Radio and the Health News & Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest George Brandes discuss the following:
- Tell me about Pacify, where did the idea come from and how does it work? How is the platform transforming healthcare?
- I know that Pacify partners with public health programs such as Medicaid and WIC—the women, infant, children’s program—tell me more about these partnerships, how are they leveraging Pacify?
- Give me some examples of the types of questions/concerns you help new parents with through the Pacify platform?
- What’s next for Pacify?
George Brandes is Co-Founder and COO of Pacify. George was previously VP of Healthcare Programs at Jackson Hewitt, where he designed and deployed software to help uninsured customers apply for health coverage at tax time.
Social Media Links:
July 28, 2018
Dr. Steven Swann, speaking on behalf of North American Rescue sharing the importance of Audio Bleeding Control Kits joins eHealth Radio and the Emergency Care and Health News Channels. As a trauma surgeon with the United States Army, Dr. Swann has experienced firsthand how rapid response to a life threatening bleeding injury can make the difference between life and death.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Steven Swann discuss the following:
- What is the Audio Bleeding Control Kit?
- If someone has a bleeding emergency, can't we just call 911 and wait for EMS to arrive?
- Has there been any call-to-action by Homeland Security and the White House that would empower the general public to respond when they are needed most?
- Can you explain exactly how this kit works?
- We all know we can't stop living our lives because we fear the possibility of events like an active shooting. What would you tell people to make them more aware?
Dr. Steven Swann is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery, a graduate of the National War College, and also holds a Master Degree in National Strategic Studies. Throughout his military medical career, he has been at the forefront of advancing new tools and technology to provide the best care possible for our nations' warriors.
Social Media Links:
June 18, 2018
Raul Valdes-Perez, Co-Founder and CEO of OnlyBoth, which offers a Website for seniors to evaluate how nursing homes and home care agencies are performing compared to others joins eHealth Radio and the Senior Care and Health Care Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Raul Valdes-Perez discuss the following:
- For patients in need of nursing home care, what resources are available to help guide them in this important decision?
- How does the OnlyBoth Website bring something new to industry?
- Tell me how automated benchmarking grants users access to the most relevant information?
- Where does the name OnlyBoth come from?
- How do you see this technology impacting healthcare at large?
Raul Valdes-Perez, PhD, is CEO of OnlyBoth Inc., based in Pittsburgh, Pa. He teamed up with Andre Lessa in 2014 to develop a unique artificial intelligence engine that delivers performance transparency in healthcare. OnlyBoth’s delivery of comparative, language-based insights shows users specifically how nursing homes are excelling or failing. The concept was born during Raul’s time at Carnegie Mellon in the 1990s, during which he received an NSF grant on a “new task of knowledge discovery” to provide insights in a programmable way. He’s expanding the concept across healthcare at large with additional search engines that provide context-rich comparative insights. Valdes-Perez previously co-founded Vivisimo, Inc., acquired by IBM in 2012. He can be reached at email@example.com.
Websites: www.benchmine.com | www.onlyboth.com
June 6, 2018
Joe Liu, CEO of Mivatek Smart Connect that produces a number of devices to facilitate the “Aging-in-place” trend; that is, to help seniors and elderly people live at home longer, rather than moving to a nursing home or assisted living facility joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Senior Care & Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Joe Liu discuss the following:
- What is aging in place? How prevalent is this trend and why is it preferable to moving to a nursing home or assisted living facility?
- What are some of the ways that technology has helped allow seniors to live at home longer, independently and safely?
- Can you please tell us about some of the specific devices that play a part in the aging-in-place trend (i.e., sensors, activity tracking systems, medication alerts, etc.)?
- This technology helps the senior who is aging in place at home, but how does it also benefit the caregiver, whether it is an adult child caring for the parent or a nursing/medical professional?
- What are some of the future developments on the horizon regarding aging-in-place technology?
Joe Liu leads the strategy and operations at Mivatek Smart Connect. Liu has a rich history of entrepreneurial and engineering experience. Prior to launching Mivatek Smart Connect, Liu co-founded and led Oplink Communications, Inc., an optical network manufacturer.
When Koch Industries/Molex acquired Oplink Communications in 2014, Liu led a team of investors and purchased the Oplink Connected portfolio back from Koch/Molex, and used this technology to power Mivatek solutions.
In his career, Liu has also served in various roles at companies including Mostek Semiconductor, Motorola Semiconductor, and National Semi. Liu holds a Master of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from California State University, Chico.
Social Media Links:
May 19, 2018
Jeremy Mullin, Vice President of Corporate Development at Coral Health that uses blockchain technology to improve healthcare by enabling secure, real-time, shared access to validated healthcare information joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare & Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Jeremy Mullin discuss the following:
- What is Coral Health?
- What problem is Coral Health addressing?
- Who will benefit from your applications?
- Who is the team behind Coral Health?
- How is the project funded?
Jeremy Mullin is a strategist and data expert who advised Fortune 1000 enterprises on digital data collection. He served as a Director at Research Now, Inc., is a Board Director for the Toronto chapter of the Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA) and is a member of the Data Science Association. Mr. Mullin leads Coral Health's corporate partnership and collaboration strategies.
Social Media Links: