October 4, 2018
Aneela Idnani, Co-Founder & "Chief Trichster" at HabitAware joins eHealth Radio and the Health News & Technology Channels. She is the inspiration for HabitAware's Keen smart bracelet to help people overcome unwanted behaviors like compulsive hair pulling, skin picking and nail biting.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Aneela Idnani discuss the following:
- Tell us a little bit about your experience with compulsive hair pulling disorder, also known as trichotillomania?
- How did you come up with the idea to use technology to help you & how does the Keen bracelet work?
- What resources are out there for someone who may just be realizing they have Body Focused Repetitive Behaviors?
- What does recovery mean to you personally?
- Can you please share one thing someone can do today to get started on their journey to BFRB awareness and recovery?
Aneela Idnani is Cofounder & President/CMO of HabitAware. HabitAware uses patented wearable technology to help people “Retrain The Brain” from detrimental behaviors to positive ones and on becoming the standard of care for debilitating mental health conditions.
Aneela is also an outspoken mental health advocate, having grown up with a common, yet relatively unknown condition called #trichotillomania (compulsive hair pulling). Aneela is a HAX hardware accelerator alumnus and her company recently received a research grant from the NIH to improve their device and validate Keen as a treatment for trichotillomania and sister disorders. Her life’s work (HabitAware) has been featured on TechCrunch, The Washington Post, Prevention Magazine and more.
Social Media Links:
September 15, 2018
John Gribbin, CEO and Co-Founder of Curable the healthcare technology company to help manage chronic pain joins eHealth Radio and the Pain Management and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest John Gribbin discuss the following:
- What is Curable?
- Why did you decide to start Curable?
- What is a biopsychosocial approach and how does it help with pain relief on the app?
- What has been the response from the medical community and the users?
- Where do you see Curable headed in the future as a company and as a solution to chronic pain?
John Gribbin is the CEO and a co-founder of Curable. John is an experienced entrepreneur across multiple industries. He is also a former 15-year sufferer of chronic low back pain. Through the treatment method Curable delivers, he was able to completely resolve his pain symptoms and limitations.
August 27, 2018
George Brandes, Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer for Pacify, a telehealth app that provides 24/7 support to new parents joins eHealth Radio and the Health News & Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest George Brandes discuss the following:
- Tell me about Pacify, where did the idea come from and how does it work? How is the platform transforming healthcare?
- I know that Pacify partners with public health programs such as Medicaid and WIC—the women, infant, children’s program—tell me more about these partnerships, how are they leveraging Pacify?
- Give me some examples of the types of questions/concerns you help new parents with through the Pacify platform?
- What’s next for Pacify?
George Brandes is Co-Founder and COO of Pacify. George was previously VP of Healthcare Programs at Jackson Hewitt, where he designed and deployed software to help uninsured customers apply for health coverage at tax time.
Social Media Links:
July 28, 2018
Dr. Steven Swann, speaking on behalf of North American Rescue sharing the importance of Audio Bleeding Control Kits joins eHealth Radio and the Emergency Care and Health News Channels. As a trauma surgeon with the United States Army, Dr. Swann has experienced firsthand how rapid response to a life threatening bleeding injury can make the difference between life and death.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Steven Swann discuss the following:
- What is the Audio Bleeding Control Kit?
- If someone has a bleeding emergency, can't we just call 911 and wait for EMS to arrive?
- Has there been any call-to-action by Homeland Security and the White House that would empower the general public to respond when they are needed most?
- Can you explain exactly how this kit works?
- We all know we can't stop living our lives because we fear the possibility of events like an active shooting. What would you tell people to make them more aware?
Dr. Steven Swann is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, a Diplomat of the American Board of Surgery, a graduate of the National War College, and also holds a Master Degree in National Strategic Studies. Throughout his military medical career, he has been at the forefront of advancing new tools and technology to provide the best care possible for our nations' warriors.
Social Media Links:
June 18, 2018
Raul Valdes-Perez, Co-Founder and CEO of OnlyBoth, which offers a Website for seniors to evaluate how nursing homes and home care agencies are performing compared to others joins eHealth Radio and the Senior Care and Health Care Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Raul Valdes-Perez discuss the following:
- For patients in need of nursing home care, what resources are available to help guide them in this important decision?
- How does the OnlyBoth Website bring something new to industry?
- Tell me how automated benchmarking grants users access to the most relevant information?
- Where does the name OnlyBoth come from?
- How do you see this technology impacting healthcare at large?
Raul Valdes-Perez, PhD, is CEO of OnlyBoth Inc., based in Pittsburgh, Pa. He teamed up with Andre Lessa in 2014 to develop a unique artificial intelligence engine that delivers performance transparency in healthcare. OnlyBoth’s delivery of comparative, language-based insights shows users specifically how nursing homes are excelling or failing. The concept was born during Raul’s time at Carnegie Mellon in the 1990s, during which he received an NSF grant on a “new task of knowledge discovery” to provide insights in a programmable way. He’s expanding the concept across healthcare at large with additional search engines that provide context-rich comparative insights. Valdes-Perez previously co-founded Vivisimo, Inc., acquired by IBM in 2012. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Websites: www.benchmine.com | www.onlyboth.com
June 6, 2018
Joe Liu, CEO of Mivatek Smart Connect that produces a number of devices to facilitate the “Aging-in-place” trend; that is, to help seniors and elderly people live at home longer, rather than moving to a nursing home or assisted living facility joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Senior Care & Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Joe Liu discuss the following:
- What is aging in place? How prevalent is this trend and why is it preferable to moving to a nursing home or assisted living facility?
- What are some of the ways that technology has helped allow seniors to live at home longer, independently and safely?
- Can you please tell us about some of the specific devices that play a part in the aging-in-place trend (i.e., sensors, activity tracking systems, medication alerts, etc.)?
- This technology helps the senior who is aging in place at home, but how does it also benefit the caregiver, whether it is an adult child caring for the parent or a nursing/medical professional?
- What are some of the future developments on the horizon regarding aging-in-place technology?
Joe Liu leads the strategy and operations at Mivatek Smart Connect. Liu has a rich history of entrepreneurial and engineering experience. Prior to launching Mivatek Smart Connect, Liu co-founded and led Oplink Communications, Inc., an optical network manufacturer.
When Koch Industries/Molex acquired Oplink Communications in 2014, Liu led a team of investors and purchased the Oplink Connected portfolio back from Koch/Molex, and used this technology to power Mivatek solutions.
In his career, Liu has also served in various roles at companies including Mostek Semiconductor, Motorola Semiconductor, and National Semi. Liu holds a Master of Science degree in Industrial Engineering from California State University, Chico.
Social Media Links:
May 19, 2018
Jeremy Mullin, Vice President of Corporate Development at Coral Health that uses blockchain technology to improve healthcare by enabling secure, real-time, shared access to validated healthcare information joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare & Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Jeremy Mullin discuss the following:
- What is Coral Health?
- What problem is Coral Health addressing?
- Who will benefit from your applications?
- Who is the team behind Coral Health?
- How is the project funded?
Jeremy Mullin is a strategist and data expert who advised Fortune 1000 enterprises on digital data collection. He served as a Director at Research Now, Inc., is a Board Director for the Toronto chapter of the Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (MRIA) and is a member of the Data Science Association. Mr. Mullin leads Coral Health's corporate partnership and collaboration strategies.
Social Media Links:
May 2, 2018
Cliff Cavanaugh, Founder and Chief Technology Officer at Healthjump, a company committed to making health data accessible to both patients and providers joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Cliff Cavanaugh discuss the following:
- What is a true health data record and why is it necessary for providers and patients?
- We know that medical errors are sometimes an unfortunate reality in healthcare and healthcare organizations do their best to make sure that medical errors do not occur. What are three ways healthcare organizations can help prevent medical errors from occurring?
- Is this health data record the same as a patient portal?
- How can patients help their doctors and ultimately themselves, to make sure their medical records are correct?
- What should healthcare organizations be doing to ensure patients’ medical health records are correct? What obstacles do they face?
Cliff Cavanaugh is a developer turned entrepreneur working in computer sciences since 1999, and has focused exclusively on Digital Health since 2005. Currently he is CTO and Founder of Healthjump, a company with the mission of making the health record available to all members of the care continuum.
Cliff also co-founded DataTrade Solutions, a provider of Health IT services to thousands of providers via health systems and practices across the United States. DataTrade Solutions was acquired by Healthjump in 2015. He is a member of the RAPID Informatics Work Group of FDA’s Center for Devices and Radiological Health and has assisted the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid in the development of Clinical Quality Measures for Meaningful Use stage 3. Cliff's public speaking experience includes presentations on health data and analytics at NextGen user conferences, and the Yale Healthcare Conference.
Social Media Links:
April 27, 2018
Codrin Arsene, CEO at Digital Authority Partners, a digital implementation and product development company headquartered in Chicago, USA joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare & Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Codrin Arsene discuss the following:
- What are the primary issues in healthcare that technology can help solve in 2018?
- What should keep healthcare executives awake at night given the latest tech trends?
- What’s the importance of big data and artificial intelligence in healthcare?
- What does the democratization of data mean for the healthcare industry as a whole?
- What does the future hold for patients and healthcare providers all over the world?
Codrin Arsene runs Digital Authority Partners, a digital implementation and product development company headquartered in Chicago, Il. Digital Authority helps Fortune 500 healthcare companies reinvent themselves by undergoing holistic digital transformation initiatives.
Digital Authority specializes in artificial intelligence, digital strategy, product development, UX/design, and analytics.
Codrin founded Digital Authority Partners to help companies adopt new and exciting technologies to solve complex problems and achieve their business goals.
An AI-driven product development and digital implementation partner, Digital Authority Partners helps healthcare companies create and execute exciting digital initiatives that deliver higher quality healthcare while increasing operational efficiency.
Digital Authority Partners thrives on taking complex problems and delivering elegant, engaging solutions to help companies achieve their business goals and objectives.
Codrin loves helping companies succeed, and lives his life according to Floyd Mayweather's famous quote: "A true champion can adapt to anything."
Social Media Links:
April 19, 2018
Drew Madden, Managing Partner at Evergreen Healthcare Partners, providing industry leading healthcare IT expertise to their partners across the country joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Drew Madden discuss the following:
- Tell me about yourself and Evergreen Healthcare Partners.
- How did you start the company?
- What are the key trends you see happening in healthcare IT right now?
- What differentiates Evergreen within the healthcare consulting industry?
Drew Madden is a Founding Partner at Evergreen Healthcare Partners. Evergreen is a healthcare consulting firm that partners with healthcare organizations across the country to solve complex problems related to operations, IT, and change management. As a healthcare IT entrepreneur, Drew has always been passionate about building strong company cultures, client relationships, and top-notch teams.
For six years, Madden led Nordic Consulting Partners from a small startup company of 10 employees to a leading healthcare IT consulting firm of over 700 industry experts. Nordic is the world’s largest Epic consulting agency, and it has earned multiple awards. Its most notable achievements were two top-ranking KLAS awards for excellence in Epic consulting. They were given to the company in 2012 and in 2014. Drew has devoted over 15 years of his life to collaborating with industry experts on implementing and optimizing Electronic Health Records (EHRs) across the country. While he was leading Nordic Consulting Partners, Drew Madden helped the company grow from 3 to over 150 client partners and Nordic’s annual revenue went from a modest $1 million to $130 million under his leadership.
Before his time at Nordic, Drew worked in business development and was an Epic consultant. Drew earned a bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering from the University of Iowa College of Engineering and began his career in healthcare IT at Cerner Corporation.