Former Hernia Surgeon, Dr. Freedman, turned patient advocate shares advice for avoiding mesh and no mesh misconceptions
Dr. Bruce Freedman, Vice President of Clinical Development at TELA Bio, a medical technology company focused on designing, developing, and marketing innovative tissue reinforcement materials to address unmet needs in hernia repairs joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Bruce Freedman discuss the following:
- What are the current challenges with hernia repairs?
- What are the most common concerns patients have about their hernia repair?
- What is the difference between mesh and no mesh hernia repair?
- What are the questions patients should be asking their doctors about hernia repair?
- Where can patients go to learn more about their hernia repair treatment options?
Bruce Freedman, M.D., FACS is the Vice President of Clinical Development at TELA Bio. After 32 years as a private practice general surgeon specializing in hernia repair and abdominal wall reconstruction, Dr. Freedman joined TELA Bio in 2021 to advocate for a more natural hernia repair mesh option as an alternative to permanent and resorbable synthetic mesh. In his role, Dr. Freedman utilizes his extensive experience as a healthcare provider to share the clinical and financial benefits of the OviTex Reinforced Tissue Matrix portfolio with surgeons and hospital administration.