Jeff Burbank, CEO of NX STAGE Medical, a medical device company that develops, manufactures and markets systems for the treatment of end-stage renal disease, acute kidney failure and fluid overload joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care, Health News, Kidney Health and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Jeff Burbank discuss the following:
- Can you please us about your company NX Stage Medical and what exactly your company does?
- Can you discuss the NxStage System One, which is the only “portable” hemodialysis system FDA-cleared for home hemodialysis and home nocturnal hemodialysis.
- What difference does this product make in people’s lives?
- How has the Affordable Health Act, Obamacare, impacted your business and insurance coverage of your product to your customers?
- Your product is available around the world. Are there certain parts of the world where your products are used more than other parts of the world when it comes to the nx stage system one?
- I saw that that 6 years after the earthquake in Haiti, the NxStage System One is still be used there to help folks suffering from acute kidney injury. Can you talk about that.
- I read recently that your publically traded company is doing well on the stock exchange, can you talk a about what your company’s prospects are in 2016 and the future and where you see your industry moving toward the future.
- Looking at your biography, I saw that during your career you had been an inventor on over 50 U.S. patents for medical devices. That’s pretty impressive. How did you get into this field and become so proficient and successful in the medical devices industry?
Jeff Burbank is NxStage’s Founder, Chief Executive Officer, and is a member of its Board of Directors. Jeff has over 20 years of in-depth management experience with companies developing, marketing and manufacturing products for End Stage Renal Disease patients. He has led NxStage since its inception, guiding it through all of its developmental phases to the successful initiation and rapid growth of commercial activities, its initial public offering, and the acquisition of Medisystems.
Prior to founding NxStage, he co-founded Vasca, Inc., a company providing innovative implantable access devices, where he was the President and CEO, as well as Chairman of the Board. He gained significant renal industry experience during his nine years in the Renal Division at Gambro, Inc., with his last position as Director of Marketing and Advanced Technologies. During his career he has been an inventor on over 50 U.S. patents for medical devices.
Jeff received his BS in Industrial Engineering from Lehigh University.
About NxStage Medical
NxStage Medical Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTM) is a medical device company, headquartered in Lawrence, Massachusetts, USA, that develops, manufactures and markets innovative products for the treatment of ESRD and acute kidney failure. For more information on NxStage and its products, please visit the Company's website at www.nxstage.com.
About NxStage Kidney Care
NxStage Kidney Care, Inc., a subsidiary of NxStage Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTM), is innovating a dialysis care model that is intended to support and encourage patient centered care and provide enhanced access to the life-changing benefits of home therapy as well as flexible in-center options. By leveraging NxStage's home leadership and the innovative technology of its System One, NxStage Kidney Care is committed to helping patients take control of their dialysis and to allowing physicians the flexibility to prescribe what is truly best for their patients.