Nutritionist, Dietician and Coaches – Understanding the Difference, and which is right for you with Carol D’Anca
Carol D’Anca, MS, CNS, LDN, an integrative board certified and licensed nutritionist & the Managing Director of Food not Meds joins eHealth Radio and the Health and Nutrition Channels. Carol utilizes a unique combination of education, support, guidance, community, travel, and plant based nutrition to create a one-of-a-kind program that links all facets of health for successful outcomes. She is also the author of Food, not Meds and founder of The Academy for Plant Based Nutrition.
- If the topic of nutrition isn’t confusing enough, there is growing confusion today over where to go to get solid nutrition advice. Your title says you are a board certified and licensed dietician nutritionist. Would you explain what that means?
- How is a board certified nutritionist different from a Registered Dietician or Health Coach or any of the other titles of people in the field of nutrition today?
- How can the general population know the difference when looking for nutritional guidance?
- I would imagine that cost differs considerably. What do the different services provide and are they covered by insurance?
- What services do you offer in your practice?
After graduating with honors from the University of Wisconsin, Carol attended graduate school at Lake Forest Graduate School of Management, and then earned a Master’s of Science Degree in Clinical Nutrition from Rosalind Franklin University of Science and Medicine/The Chicago Medical School.
She is a board certified and a licensed dietician/nutritionist employing both personal and professional experience with successful outcomes for those wanting to prevent and even reverse chronic illness.
Her professional associations include the American Nutrition Association and the Institute for Functional Medicine.
Carol’s scope of nutrition practice offers a broad scope of services including:
- Hosting culinary and lifestyle trips to Italy for small groups of people who want to not only enjoy Italy but also immerse themselves in the culture of people who live long purposeful lives. These tours allow individuals the unique experience of briefly living the healthy “Mediterranean Way of Life.”
- She has authored the book titled, Food not Meds. This compelling story will take you on a journey that begins with a frightening cardiac event, a bewildering healthcare system continuing with frustration and misinformation, ending successfully with a sure fire approach for securing good health: healthy food, friendships and lifestyle changes.
- She is an educator on the use of food helping to heal and has elevated the plant-based diet to gourmet cuisine. To help others learn to prepare delicious meals and not feel deprived, she has founded The Academy of Plant Based Nutrition Cooking School.
- She is the organizer of a large urban educational and support group meeting monthly for anyone choosing to prevent and/or reverse heart and other chronic disease.
- Her twenty plus years on the corporate side of healthcare provides an in depth view of healthcare which is really “disease management.”