LeAnne C. Skinner who has been in private practice for the past 35 years as a registered dietitian nutritionist who contributes to the Changing Ways program by Estroven joins eHealth Radio and the Female Health, Nutrition and Weight Management Channels. She disusses how to manage your weight, especially during menopause and more.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest LeAnne C. Skinner discuss the following:
- Why is it that women often face greater weight management challenges during menopause?
- Can you provide some simple diet tips that you tell your clients to help manage their weight during menopause?
- Tell us a little more about your contribution to the “Changing Ways” program.
- What are some small but important changes that women can make in their daily routine to help diminish their menopause symptoms?
- What other everyday tips do you have that can help our listeners manage their weight—especially during menopause?
LeAnne C. Skinner, RD, LD has been in private practice for the past 35 years as a registered dietitian nutritionist for individuals, corporations, professional athletes, local celebrities, restaurant chains, the State of Texas and medical institutions. Her Texas-based company, Austin Nutrition Consultants, offers individualized counseling, corporate wellness programs, medical nutrition therapy, recipe and menu development, sports and fitness counseling, and qualified nutritional speakers.
Skinner is nationally recognized as a leader in the entrepreneuriafield of dietetics, having served as a national and state officer, founding member of the entrepreneurial dietetics group and a national mentor. In the private sector, she works with OBGYNs and their many patients, and often recommends natural supplements, including Estroven, to her clients. Skinner cites menopause and its associated weight change as a common complaint on which she routinely counsels her patients.