Dr. Nikki Martinez, Psychologist and Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor again joins eHealth Radio and the Chronic Illness, Health News & Psychology Channels to cover learning to live with a chronic illness.
- What are some of the most important lessons you have learned, and that you have tried to pass on to your patients about living with a chronic illness?
- Why do people have a tendency to blame themselves for their illness?
- You have discussed shifting expectations and goals. Tell me more about this.
- You also talk about the Hindu concept of "Mudita." How is this especially important to those with chronic illness?
- How can individual therapy be especially beneficial to individuals suffering with chronic illness? Health Psychology is one of your specialties. How can someone reach you for help?
Dr. Nikki Martinez received her Masters and her Doctorate from Illinois School of Professional Psychology, and completed her pre-doctoral and post-doctoral fellowship at Gateway Foundation in Lake Villa, Illinois.
She is the Head of Clinical Development for www.DrNikkiMartinez.com, where she can be reached if you are interested in individual or couples work with her. She is an Adjunct Professor for 2 graduate programs, a Blogger for the Huffington Post, Everydaypowerblog, Older Dating, Success Stories, Sivana Spirit, Proud Stories, and a Contributor for the Chicago Tribune. She just published her first 8th book through Amazon.com.
The views and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the eHealth Radio Network.