Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Charity Lighten discuss the following:
- We've been hearing a lot about gut health lately, how important is it really?
- Can't we just eat yogurt or drink kombucha?
- How can we tell the difference between a good probiotic and a bad one?
- Are there foods that we should avoid?
- Are sugar cravings linked to gut health at all? How do you get rid of these sugar cravings?
- How does gut health relate to weight loss?
- Why is is important that probiotics survive the stomach acid and make it to the lower intestine?
Charity Lighten, the Chief Nutritionist at Silver Fern Brand, is a wife, mother of 4, business owner, and lover of food! She grew up in Canada and received her degree in Accounting from Brigham Young University. Her real passion, however, is for nutrition and the power of food - especially as it pertains to disease prevention. She is certified as a plant-based nutritionist through Cornell University and is a Food for Life Instructor for the Cancer Project. She teaches class all over Utah, can be seen regularly on KUTV 2 News in Salt Lake City and is a regular columnist for KSL.com. She is currently working towards her Masters in Nutrition from Tufts University. She can also be found on Instagram @avibrantlife and www.avibrantlife.me.