October 19, 2019
Andy Reichgut, the Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Veggies Made Great by Garden Lites joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Nutrition Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Andy Reichgut discuss the following:
- Tell me why you think people don’t get enough veggies in their diets?
- How has Veggies Made Great by Garden Lites innovated the portable veggie rich food category?
- What products are in your line-up and how are they different from what is on the market in veggie rich foods?
- What are the most popular products and why?
- Who is your consumer and where can they find your product?
- If you have to leave us with one tip or conclusion on the explosion of veggie rich foods what would that be?
Andy Reichgut is the Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing at Veggies Made Great by Garden Lites.
Andy is an expert in consumer marketing with an emphasis on nutrient rich foods having worked at such prestigious companies as: Pinnacle Foods Group LLC, Mars Incorporated, and Reckitt Benckiser.
Andy has been highly instrumental in healthy foods and the clean label movement. Andy is a key motivator in creating the Veggies Made Great line up of “Veggie Rich” products that appeal to children and parents alike. Those products include Veggies Made Great Muffins, Veggies Made Great Super Food Veggie Cakes, and Veggies Made Great Frittatas and a new line of Veggie Cakes. His vision to get more veggies in your diet has allowed Veggies Made Great by Garden Lites to become the pioneer in the category.
Social Media Links:
October 4, 2019
Rick Fair, President & CEO of Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company working to develop innovative treatments for cancer that are more effective and safer than standard chemotherapy and radiation treatment joins eHealth Radio & the Cancer Information and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Rick Fair discuss the following:
- How does CAR-T cancer therapy compare to standard cancer treatments?
- What are some of the drawbacks to CAR-T Therapy?
- What is Bellicum doing to address these challenges?
- What should people keep in mind when thinking about cancer treatment?
Rick Fair is the President and CEO of Bellicum Pharmaceuticals, a biopharmaceutical company working to develop innovative treatments for cancer that are more effective and safer than standard chemotherapy and radiation treatment.
Prior to joining Bellicum, Mr. Fair served as the Senior Vice President, Head of Oncology Global Product Strategy at Genentech/Roche, where he led oncology product strategy and global commercialization. He also oversaw the global launch of five new cancer treatments, including TECENTRIQ®, the first immunotherapy approval for patients with advanced bladder cancer and contributed to a substantial expansion of investment into cancer immunotherapy and precision medicine.
Prior to Genentech, Mr. Fair spent nine years at Johnson & Johnson, where he held leadership roles in marketing, managed care and reimbursement strategy, and managed care customer management. Mr. Fair received his B.S. from the University of Michigan and his M.B.A. from Columbia Business School.
Social Media Links:
October 2, 2019
Deborah Tosline who wrote the book: Skin Remodeling DIY, An Introduction to the Underground World of Do-It-Yourself Skin Care covering skin biology, skin care ingredients and advanced do-it-yourself cosmetic dermatology practices again joins eHealth Radio and the Beauty and Skin Care Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Deborah Tosline discuss the following:
- What motivates your Do-It-Yourself skin care practice?
- What kind of waste is generated by the beauty industry?
- What do you suggest that others do to reduce their beauty product waste?
- What do you think it will take to change our current waste habits?
- How do you reduce beauty product waste?
Deborah Tosline’s education and work experience is in science, where hypotheses are tested through observation and experimentation. She has Bachelor of Science degrees in geology and in ecology. Her approach to skin care is based on that scientific background and a love of research.
Deborah has studied and practiced DIY skin care for over three decades, practiced facial exercise consistently from 2002, and taught a weekly facial exercise class for five years. She integrates skin rejuvenation into a lifelong healthy lifestyle and believes that integrative holistic health includes personal health, social well-being and environmental care.
Social Media Links:
October 1, 2019
Louise Plant, a Soul Expansion Educator and Creator of The Expansion Project™ that is to expand wisdom to those ready to be inspired and motivated for a happier and healthier life joins eHealth Radio and the Personal Development Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Louise Plant discuss the following:
- Why the Expansion Project?
- Why does making people happy make the world a better place?
- What is self-actualization?
- What do you believe are the biggest problems people are facing right now?
- What tips would you give them to help overcome that?
- Why do you believe education is such a powerful tool?
As creator of The Expansion Program, Louise sees there is more disconnection, disease and death on this planet that there has even been before. Their mission is to raise the consciousness and awareness of the planet by making the world a happier place where happier people do kinder things for themselves, others and the planet.
The Expansion Project™ is to expand wisdom to those ready to be inspired and motivated for a happier and healthier life. Her unique methodologies give people a life skills toolbox that can guide you and your family through the rest of your life.
"We help those who are disconnected frustrated and who feel like they are failing to feel reconnected, creatively inspired, frisky and happy."
Social Media Links:
The beliefs, views, ideas, thoughts and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the eHealth Radio Network.
September 28, 2019
Dr. Asli Tanugur Samanci the CEO and Founder of BEE & YOU, an innovative provider of natural BEE products joins eHealth Radio and the Health News & Children's Health Channels.
Dr. Samanci is a food scientist committed to creating natural and healthy products for the educated consumer & a pioneer to combine science and nature for safer, more effective natural bee products.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Asli Tanugur Samanci discuss the following:
- What is propolis, royal jelly, and raw honey. What is the difference between these products?
- What are their effects on human health and body, cancer, fertility?
- It is back to school now. How should it be used to prevent from flu and cold season? What is the effect/benefit on the kids?
- What is the difference of BEE & YOU products from the other products in the market?
- What is next for BEE & YOU products and the Brand? Where can one buy it in the US?
Dr. Asli Tanugur Samanci is the CEO and Founder of BEE & YOU, an innovative provider of natural BEE products.
A food scientist committed to creating natural and healthy products for the educated consumer, Dr. Samanci is a pioneer to combine science and nature for safer, more effective natural bee products. She created a business modal to contract the beekeepers to prevent bees from becoming extinct. This also allowed her to create and patent the Propolis in its healthiest, most natural and safe form. Her ultimate goal is to make Propolis a consistent product harvested from all the beehives available in the world and introduce the natural healing power of Anatolian Propolis to the world.
BEE & YOU products (Royal Jelly, Propolis, Pure Raw Honey) are antiviral, antibacterial and they are natural energy boosters. They are effective in fighting allergy symptoms naturally and they support the immune system. They are 100% natural; Gluten Free; Non-GMO; Pesticide Free; Free from additives & colorants & preservatives. Bee and you products have innovative taste options for kids and adults. And they are on sale at 3000 CVS stores nationally and at Amazon.
Social Media Links:
September 27, 2019
Raul Valdes-Perez the Co-founder and CEO of Pittsburgh-based OnlyBoth Inc. that offers complete performance transparency across multiple healthcare environments through its unique Web-based benchmarking engine, BenchMine.com again joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Technology Channels.
OnlyBoth® leverages current, rich data and unique artificial intelligence technology to assess, compare, and uncover healthcare providers or populations.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Raul Valdes-Perez discuss the following:
- Tell us about OnlyBoth.
- What new capability does OnlyBoth bring to the industry?
- Specific to social determinants of health, where does the data you assess, compare, discover and score come from?
- Who would benefit from the insights you can provide on the social determinants of health of a county or neighborhood?
- How do you see this technology impacting current and future initiatives to address social detriments of health?
Raul Valdes-Perez is co-founder and CEO of Pittsburgh-based OnlyBoth Inc. OnlyBoth offers complete performance transparency across multiple healthcare environments through its unique Web-based benchmarking engine, BenchMine.com. OnlyBoth® leverages current, rich data and unique artificial intelligence technology to assess, compare, and uncover healthcare providers or populations.
Named one of Gartner’s 5 cool vendors in Analytics for 2016, the technology transforms public data into concise, easy-to-understand statements about how facilities are excelling and where they can improve. Just as search engines streamlined information-seeking, OnlyBoth revolutionizes benchmarking of hospitals, nursing homes, home health agencies, social determinants of health and ultimately of all healthcare providers.
Websites: www.benchmine.com | www.onlyboth.com
September 26, 2019
Dr. David Rabin is a MD in Medicine and a PHD in neuroscience and the Chief Innovation Officer, Co-founder, and Co-inventor at Apollo Neuroscience, Inc. and again joins eHealth Radio and the Health News & Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. David Rabin discuss the following:
- What are the biggest differences between Eastern and Western medicine in addressing trauma?
- What type of trauma research have you conducted?
- How do you use this research in the real world?
- What is the biggest misconception of psychedelics?
- How has your understanding of trauma and psychedelics led to the design of the Apollo wearable?
Dr. David Rabin is the Chief Innovation Officer, Co-Founder, and Co-Inventor at Apollo Neuroscience, Inc. In his role, Dr. Rabin is developing Apollo Neuroscience's IP portfolio and running clinical trials of the Apollotechnology.
Dr. Rabin is a board-certified psychiatrist, translational neuroscientist, and inventor, and has been studying the impact of chronic stress in humans for more than 10 years. He has specifically focused his research on the clinical translation of non-invasive therapies that improve mood, focus, sleep, and quality of life in treatment-resistant illnesses.
Dr. Rabin has four patent applications pending and 40 more being filed. Dr. Rabin received his MD in medicine and PhD in neuroscience from Albany Medical College and trained in psychiatry at Western Psychiatric Institute & Clinic at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
September 25, 2019
Keith Bernard, CEO of CLEAR2O®, one of the leading manufacturers of high-quality water filtration products joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Keith Bernard discuss the following:
- We know that the quality of tap water varies from state to state, even town to town. But how contaminated can tap water really be?
- We're familiar with the horrible water situation that recently took place in Flint, MI, and now there is severe levels of lead in the water in Newark, NJ. How common a problem is this?
- How much can water filtration help with the average household water? How much can it help with extreme examples like Newark and Flint?
- Are all water filters the same? What makes them different?
- On your website, you say that you use solid-block carbon rather than granulated carbon. Why is solid-block carbon better?
- It'd one thing to have clean water at home, but what about when you're away from home? How can you assure you're getting clean water while you're on the road?
TIP: Few would argue that clean drinking water is an essential element in everyone's lives. But even if you think the water in your city or town is fine, there are likely a number of contaminants that, while not immediately harmful, can potentially have long-term effects on your health. It's a good idea to periodically check the water quality reports for your town, which are generally available online. But even without checking the reports, there is no reason not to use a high-quality water filter to ensure that even the smallest amounts of undesirable chemicals and minerals are removed. You'll have healthier water, which will likely make it smell and taste better. But do your homework: not all filters remove all contaminants - plus some actually remove minerals that are good for you. If you want the cleanest water you can get, it will take a little effort on your part, but the results will be worth it.
As president and CEO of CLEAR2O®, Keith is responsible for the strategic, tactical and operational direction of the company. He is a seasoned, competent, professional leader of marketing, product & brand development, and sales initiatives at Procter & Gamble, Black & Decker, and Applica Consumer Products. Balanced combination of business knowledge, technical understanding and leadership skills with an ability to work effectively internally, externally and at all levels. Specialties: strategic planning, brand development, product development, product sourcing, brand licensing, new business initiatives, strategic alliance management, business process improvements.
Social Media Links:
September 24, 2019
Dr. Yelena Deshko, ND, a general family practitioner and the Founder of Timeless Health Clinic in downtown Toronto and a leader in the field of naturopathic intravenous vitamin therapy joins eHealth Radio and the Health News Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Yelena Deshko discuss the following:
- What is IV Vitamin therapy?
- Why would someone choose to opt for intravenous vitamins over oral supplements?
- What is the history behind the use of IV Vitamin therapy?
- What type of health conditions can benefit from this treatment?
- What should one look for when choosing a clinic or facility to receive IV Vitamin Drips?
Conclusion: Intravenous Vitamin Therapy is a safe and effective novel treatment for a variety of health conditions as well as optimization of overall wellness.
Dr. Yelena Deshko ND is a leader in the field of naturopathic intravenous (IV) therapy in Toronto, Canada. She is a general family practitioner with a special interest in integrative oncology, anti-aging medicine, and hormonal health. Dr. Deshko combines traditional and conventional medicine in her practice, including acupuncture, botanical medicine as well as diet and lifestyle counseling. She is the founder of Timeless Health Clinic in downtown Toronto.
Social Media Links:
September 23, 2019
Dr. Rishin Shah, a Texas-based cardiologist who is triple-certified with board certifications in cardiovascular medicine, internal medicine, and interventional cardiology again joins eHealth Radio and the Heart Health & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Rishin Shah discuss the following:
- How many people die from heart related illnesses each year (17 million, more than cancer, HIV and malaria combined).
- Why are we still seeing so many heart-related illnesses and death when there is so much medical information available?
- What are the top three things a person can do to protect their heart health?
- What if you have a family history of heart illness? Is there anything you can do to prevent an issue?
- What's going on in the world of treatments and surgeries for heart illness patients? Are there breakthroughs or progress to report?
Dr. Rishin Shah, MD, has over 10 years of experience treating cardiovascular conditions and is a renowned cardiologist. He believes prevention is key to maintaining health and specializes in finding the least minimally invasive treatment options for his patients to get them back to optimal health.
At his practice, Prime Heart and Vascular, with locations in Plano, Frisco, and Allen, Texas, Dr. Shah is committed to serving his patients and the surrounding communities. He has expert knowledge in understanding the complications that arise at any age and provides state-of-the-art care so patients live longer, more fulfilling lives.
Cardiovascular conditions can be scary. Dr. Shah is committed to fostering a safe, welcoming, and compassionate environment for his patients at Prime Heart and Vascular, taking the necessary time to explain all aspects of procedures, conditions, and treatments. As a patient, you’re part of the family. And Dr. Shah’s core values provide care from the H.E.A.R.T.: hospitality; empathy and enthusiasm; attitude; respect; and teamwork. Dr. Shah received his medical degree from Saint Louis University School of Medicine and is board-certified in cardiovascular medicine, internal medicine, and interventional cardiology.