Paul Whitaker, VP of Business Development at BetterDoctor a company that provides a website that lists and ranks all US doctors by location, specialty, and insurance plan to help users find the better doctor joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Paul Whitaker discuss the following:
- What is BetterDoctor? What problem is BetterDoctor solving?
- How did BetterDoctor come to fruition? What inspired you to create this site?
- How is Obamacare and the 2014 mandate going to effect both patients and doctors? How will BetterDoctor help?
- What is mHealth and what is it’s future outlook? Does it provide long-term benefits for patients and doctors?
- What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs looking to enter the mHealth and/or health care industry?
Paul Whitaker is an entrepreneur who has spent the last 20 years building web and mobile services ranging from games to social networks and most recently, health care.
Prior to joining BetterDoctor, Paul spent 12 years at Nokia working with developers helping build and promote a wide range of apps and services. Most recently, Paul created a 100 million dollar business for Nokia by centralizing and leveraging the management of preloaded applications across the companies product line.
Paul is also a pilot who is passionate about promoting general aviation. When Paul is not working at BetterDoctor you can find him flying airplanes and paragliders in Northern California with his wife and son.