Melanie Young, a Women’s Health Advocate and author of her 2nd book coming out in November "Fearless Fabulous You! Lessons on Living Life on Your Terms" joins eHealth Radio and the Health and Personal Development Channels.
After undergoing treatment for breast cancer, Melanie wrote her first book, Getting Things Off My Chest: A Survivor’s Guide to Staying Fearless & Fabulous in the Face of Breast Cancer to help newly diagnosed women stay focused and make more informed choices about their well being during and after treatment. This book received the 2014 International Book Award for Cancer Health Topics.
- In your new book, Fearless Fabulous You!, you talk about “being stuck” after completing your own breast cancer treatment? Is this common and how did you deal with it?
- You outline five key paths to take to transform your life. What are they?
- What are same ways to turn stumbling blocks into building blocks?
- In your book you discuss how to “redefine happiness.” Can you elaborate?
- Even though your new book is a result of your own “healing journey” after cancer, you say the life lessons learned apply to everyone. In what way?
- What do you tell someone who can’t seem to lift themselves out of their “emotional box”?
- You made some significant changes in your life in the five years after your 2009 cancer diagnosis, what were they and why did you make the decision?
- How have those changes impacted how your live, life today and what lesson from it do you want to share with our listeners?
Award winning author and healthy lifestyle activist, Melanie Young, announces a new book and a radio show, both entitled “Fearless Fabulous You,” with the message: “Take charge of your life by making smarter decisions, healthier choices, and embracing change with grit and grace.”
Starting September 29, Ms. Young will host “Fearless Fabulous You!” on W4WN Radio - The Women 4 Women Radio Network on Mondays, 9 p.m. E.S.T./6 p.m. P.S.T. The show will feature inspirational women who share their stories of reinvention and wellness experts covering nutrition, movement, relationships, careers and health management. The show will be available on demand at www.iHeartRadio.com, and everywhere the iHeartRadio app is available, under the Shows & Personalities section.
Young’s second book, Fearless Fabulous You- Lessons on Living Life on Your Terms, (Cedar Fort/Nov.2014/$15.99 ISBN: 9781462115440) provides inspirational insights, motivational quotes and helpful tips to empower readers to transform their lives with positive energy, actions, and attitude.
“My goal with Fearless Fabulous You! is to help people who feel stuck in their lives with insights and tips on how to recharge your mental batteries, release negative energy and embrace positive change, reconnect with your amazing talents, reframe negative situations, and reclaim life on your terms,” said Young.
Young’s first book, Getting Things Off My Chest: A Survivor’s Guide to Staying Fearless & Fabulous in the Face of Breast Cancer (Cedar Fort) received the 2014 International Book Award for cancer health topics. This detailed and spirited guide helps newly diagnosed women navigate their breast cancer journey with handy checklists, questions to ask and tips to manage treatment, side effects and well-being.
A native of Chattanooga, TN, Ms. Young recently moved from her longtime residence in Manhattan to the Hudson Valley with her husband, David Ransom. They co-host “The Connected Table® Live,” featuring guests from the world of food, beverage and hospitality. The show airs on W4CY Radio Wednesdays at 2 p.m.ES.T/11 a.m. P.S.T.