Voted one of the best 100 doctors in his field in America, Dr. Gostine is a practitioner of nutrition who creates health education modules for his patients. He, along with Dr. Forde MD, PhD, conducted an analysis of more than 39,000 deliveries and from that research, developed babyQ. Dr. Gostine joins eHealth Radio and the HealthCare & Technology Channels to talk about the creation and the advantages of babyQ.
Listen to interview [audio player below] with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Gostine discuss the following:
- How did you come up with the name babyQ?
- Can you explain how babyQ works?
- You studied 39 thousand pregnancies; tell us about your research: how did it help you develop babyQ? What were some of the results?
- Tell us about the LENS system and how it’s helping expectant mothers deliver healthier babies.
- How did you develop the scoring system?
- What drove you to make babyQ accessible as a mobile and web app?
- Can all expectant mothers benefit babyQ?
- Do you think web and mobile apps can replace a visit to the doctor?
- What do you see as the future of mobile and web health applications?
Mark Gostine, MD has been a physician for more than 30 years. He is a proud father of four and a grandfather of two. The announcement of his daughter Emily’s first pregnancy, the joy of his first grandchild, was a major turning point in his life. It became the inspiration for babyQ. From then on, he wanted to dedicate his clinical knowledge and energy to helping young women have healthier pregnancies and better babies.
Voted one of the best 100 doctors in his field in America, Dr. Gostine is a practitioner of nutrition who creates health education modules for his patients. He, along with Dr. Forde MD, PhD, conducted an analysis of more than 39,000 deliveries. The findings revealed a significant impact of vitamin D deficiency on pregnancy health.
A native of Michigan, Dr. Gostine MD received his medical degree from Wayne State University College of Medicine in Detroit, and is Board Certified in both anesthesiology and pain management. He completed his undergraduate studies and his medical residency in anesthesiology at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, followed by a pain management fellowship at the Kansas City Consortium in Missouri. Currently President of Michigan Pain Consultants and Founder of ProCare Systems, he is based in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Related Web Site: babyQ.com