Mike Patel, CEO of Meditab Software, developers of Intelligent Medical Software joins eHealth Radio & the Health Care and Technology Channels. His vision from the beginning was to design software for the healthcare arena to improve patient care and maximize efficiency.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Mike Patel discuss the following:
- Tell me about what Meditab Software does, a little bit of the company’s history and your role at the company.
- How can electronic medical records benefit patients and help them become more active in their own healthcare?
- What are the biggest advantages for doctors in using electronic health records to run their practice?
- What makes Meditab stand out in today’s competitive field of electronic records management?
- Where do you think the healthcare IT industry is heading in the next 3-5 years?
Mike Patel, CEO of Meditab Software, graduated from pharmacy school at the age of 20. Upon graduation, he grew a pharmacy business from $600,000 revenue to over $16,000,000 utilizing technology and maximizing workflow. During the course of his pharmacy work he wanted to help his physicians improve their efficiency and started the development of Intelligent Medical Software(IMS) in 1998. His vision was to design software for the healthcare arena to improve patient care and maximize efficiency. He is married with two boys and a daughter. His hobby is to work on continuing to improve the software for his clients.