Thursday Feb 08, 2018
Dr. Mark McKenna: Reinventing Elective Healthcare in the Medical Aesthetic Industry
Dr. Mark McKenna, CEO and Founder of OVME a consumer facing, technology enabled, medical aesthetic company that is reinventing elective healthcare joins eHealth Radio and the Healthcare and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Mark McKenna discuss the following:
- Tell us about the medical aesthetic industry and your latest venture "OVME".
- How is OVME reinventing elective healthcare in the medical aesthetic industry?
- What led you to pursue a career in the medical field and what effect has your medical experience had on your business?
- As a lifelong entrepreneur do you have any advice for others looking to follow a similar path?
- Do you have any habits that you feel contribute to your success and overall health?
- OVME’s philanthropic philosophy is guided by passion and commitment - what organizations do you support and would you say that same passion and commitment are behind everything you do?
S. Mark McKenna, MD, MBA is a Medical Doctor licensed in Surgery and Medicine by the Georgia and Florida State Board of Medical Examiners. He is a passionate patient advocate and a dedicated community servant. Dr. McKenna, originally from New Orleans, LA, is a graduate of Tulane University Medical School. After completing his medical training he began to practice medicine with his father while simultaneously launching McKenna Venture Investments, a boutique real estate development firm. Over the years McKenna went on to acquire/launch Universal Mortgage Lending and Uptown Title, Inc. This portfolio of companies would grow to over 50 employees and offered turnkey design-build, finance, and real estate closing services.
On August 29th, 2005 Hurricane Katrina destroyed the city of New Orleans and most of McKenna’s business interests. In the aftermath of the storm, he actively participated in the rebuilding of New Orleans through the redevelopment of low-moderate income housing.
In November of 2007 McKenna relocated to Atlanta, GA and launched ShapeMed, a wellness and aesthetic based medical practice. ShapeMed was sold to Life Time Fitness Inc. (NYSE – LTM) on November 1st, 2014. Dr. McKenna served as National Medical Director of Life Time Fitness Inc. until July 2016. In July 2017 Dr. McKenna became the CEO/Founder of OVME a consumer facing, technology enabled, medical aesthetic company that is reinventing elective healthcare.
Dr. McKenna is married to Gianine McKenna, they are the proud parents of daughter Milana Elle and a four-year old Pomeranian, Ryder. Dr. McKenna is currently a member of Entrepreneurs Organization and he has previously served as a board member of the New Orleans Jazz Festival and the New Orleans Industrial Development Board.
Websites: http://ovme.com | www.drmarkmckenna.com
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.