Wayne Maddever, CEO of ChroMedx, a medical technology company focused on the development of novel medical devices for in vitro diagnostics and point-of-care testing joins eHealth Radio and the Technology and Health Care Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Wayne Maddever discuss the following:
- What is point of care testing (POCT) and describe key differences between the ones listeners are familiar with to the ones being worked on by your company?
- How are blood gas analyzers testing currently performed right now – can you see this process vastly improved today?
- What is the HemoPalm and how does this technology work?
- What are the ideal settings for the HemoPalm? Where is it needed the most?
- How do you see your tests empower doctors and first responders who do not have access to a lab? Where do you see it saving lives?
- When can we expect to use this technology?
Wayne Maddever received his B.A.Sc./M.A.Sc/Ph.D. in Metallurgical and Materials Science Engineering from the University of Toronto. He began his career with the Gas Products Division of Union Carbide (now Praxair) in both the US and Canada where he held positions in research and development, product management and sales management. He has considerable experience in the plastic moulding industry having headed a Division of St. Lawrence Starch, which developed and commercialized degradable plastics. He is familiar with precision equipment manufacture having served as General Manager of Sanden Machine, a printing press manufacturer and as COO of CFN Precision, a precision machining company producing parts for aircraft and scientific instruments. Dr. Maddever also operated Ontario’s third largest home oxygen therapy and medical supply company as General Manager-Canada for MG Industries a German industrial gases company.
Since 2000 he has specialized in management of technically based companies where he has held senior management positions at a number of technically based private and publicly held companies, particularly in early stage or turnaround situations.
Dr. Maddever holds several patents and is the author of numerous technical papers in several different fields and is co-author of a textbook on degradable plastics.