Mike Patel, CEO of Meditab Software, developers of Intelligent Medical Software joins eHealth Radio & the Health Care and Technology Channels to discuss the benefits patients receive by choosing a doctor that runs their practice on EHRs.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Mike Patel discuss the following:
- How do patients benefit from their physicians running their office on an EHR system?
- What are some obvious ways patients will know their doctor uses an EHR?
- How do the physicians benefit themselves?
- What are some processes that have been made more efficient through the use of EHRs?
- Are there safety benefits for patients as well as convenience?
Mike Patel, CEO of Meditab Software, graduated from pharmacy school at the age of 20. Upon graduation, he grew a pharmacy business from $600,000 revenue to over $16,000,000 utilizing technology and maximizing workflow. During the course of his pharmacy work he wanted to help his physicians improve their efficiency and started the development of Intelligent Medical Software(IMS) in 1998. His vision was to design software for the healthcare arena to improve patient care and maximize efficiency. He is married with two boys and a daughter. His hobby is to work on continuing to improve the software for his clients.