Michael Jones, an executive with ActiveCare a Utah based, real-time patient monitoring company joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Technology Channels. Jones is an expert in the medical monitoring field, especially as it relates to monitoring the Type 2 diabetic population here in America.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Michael Jones discuss the following:
- What is the primary focus of your company, ActiveCare?
- Please speak on how ActiveCare improves the quality of life of its members.
- When we think diabetes, especially Type 2 diabetes, many look down on the sufferers saying, “It’s an eating issue, or a self-inflicted health issue.” What can a person do to overcome this stigma?
- Have you seen an increase in diabetics drawn to your service to improve their quality of life?
- What advice can you offer a Type 2 diabetes patient who’s looking for a positive change in handling their disease?
Michael has been a founder and executive in several of the technology industry’s fastest growing companies. Mr. Jones founded Interactive Care in 2007, filing several patents in the field of video collaboration as a tool for delivery of medical care. As Executive Vice President at RemedyMD, Michael led in the advancement of medical collaboration and the utilization of informatics technologies for the treatment of obesity and diabetes.
While Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing at iBahn (formerly STSN), the company was recognized in consecutive years by Deloitte & Touche and Inc. Magazine for its explosive growth, expanding from $29M to over $120M in annual sales over a three-year period.
Prior to iBahn, Mr. Jones led numerous sales and operations organizations at Iomega Corporation during a period of unprecedented growth, exponentially expanding its distribution, customer support, production and logistics capacities. Michael has also led in domestic and international senior sales leadership roles at Siebel Systems, Silicon Graphics and Oracle. A published author and contributor to periodicals and industry publications, Michael graduated from the University of Utah with a degree in English.