Dr. Scott Cunneen, Director of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, and author of a new book just published by the American Diabetes Association called 21 Things You Need to Know About Diabetes & Weight Loss Surgery again joins eHealth Radio and the Diabetes & Weight Management Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Scott Cunneen discuss the following:
- We talked with you a few years ago when your first book on weight loss surgery was published. What’s different in this new book?
- So does weight loss surgery actually provide a cure for diabetes?
- With more than 200,000 weight loss surgical procedures performed every year in this country, wouldn’t you think the number of people with diabetes would be going down instead of up?
- Which weight loss procedures work the best on diabetes?
- How would you suggest people start finding out if weight loss surgery is right for them, whether or not they have diabetes?
Scott A. Cunneen, MD, FACS, FASMBS, is Director of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. A graduate of the University of Notre Dame, he hold a master's degree in physiology from Georgetown University and a master's degree in human nutrition from the Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons. He earned his medical degree from Georgetown University.
A Fellow of the American Society of Metabolic & Bariatric Surgeons, Dr. Cunneen also serves on the editorial advisory board of DiabeticLifestyle.com and EndocrineWeb.com, and is often called upon to teach laparoscopic procedures throughout the U.S. and abroad. He is the author of 21 Things You Need to Know About Diabetes & Weight Loss Surgery, published by the American Diabetes Association.