August 10, 2016
Dr. Matthew Budoff, Professor of Medicine at David Geffen School of Medicine; Director of Cardiac CT at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center joins eHealth Radio and the Cardiology and Heart Health Channels to discuss how to reduce the risk of heart disease.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Matthew Budoff discuss the following:
- The CDC has called heart disease the leading cause of death for people of most ethnicities in the United States; why has heart disease become so prevalent here in the US?
- What are the signs you or a loved one may be suffering from heart disease?
- This year, The Journal of Nutrition published your study on Garlic and its effect on Heart disease. Can you tell us more about the study and the significance of your findings?
- Does Kyolic Aged Garlic Extract have any symptoms comparable to prescription drugs such as calcium channel blockers, Antiplatelets, etc?
- Why do you recommend Kyolic over other supplements?
Matthew J. Budoff, M.D., FACC, is Professor of Medicine at the David Geffen School of Medicine and Director of Cardiac CT at the Division of Cardiology at the Harbor-UCLA Medical Center in Torrance, California. Dr. Budoff received his medical degree from the George Washington University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C. and completed an internship and residency in internal medicine, as well as a fellowship in cardiology at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center.
Dr. Budoff is chief investigator in several active medical research trials and is a frequent lecturer on topics of cardiology at symposia, congresses and annual conferences on nearly every continent. He has authored or co-authored over 500 research papers, six books and 36 book chapters.
Dr. Budoff received the Einstein Award for Scientific Achievement from the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, UK, and was awarded the Top Oral Abstract at the American Heart Association’s 2009 meeting. Most recently, he was named to the U.S. News & World Report list of Top Doctors for 2011.
Social Media Links:
June 25, 2016
Mike Carlin, who leads the CPR & AED training division of AED Superstore, the largest reseller of AEDs and associated service in the world joins eHealth Radio and the Heart Health, Emergency Care & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Mike Carlin discuss the following:
- We constantly hear about cholesterol, blood pressure, heart attacks, is Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) common and is it something the general public should be concerned about?
- What exactly is the difference between a heart attack and sudden cardiac arrest?
- How does one know if someone is suffering from sudden cardiac arrest and what do we do? Does one call 911 and just wait?
- So I give someone CPR and try to use an AED but the person doesn’t make it. Am I responsible? Can I be sued for trying to help?
- Are AEDs expensive and what kind of responsibility are we talking here? Do I just buy it and hang it on the wall?
Mike Carlin has been in the Fire/EMS field since 1996. He started as a junior firefighter and progressed through the ranks to Firefighter/Paramedic. In 1999 he became an American Heart Association and American Health and Safety CPR/AED Instructor. Mike continues to provide this service to the community and travels around the country for AED Superstore as an instructor as well. In 2013, Mike ended his career in EMS and joined AED Superstore where he is currently the Training Coordinator. Unable to stay away from the adrenaline rush of emergency response, he continues to give back to his community as a Lieutenant on his local fire department.
Hockey rules the Carlin household! Mike coaches, all three kids play, and his lovely wife is their biggest fan! Hockey does not leave much time for many additional activities, but in the limited spare time he does have, Mike likes to fish, snowmobile, boat, camp, and enjoy the company of family and friends around a nice campfire.
Follow AED Superstore:
March 24, 2016
Charlotte Libov, a pioneer in the field of patient advocacy and the author of "Cancer Survival Guide: How To Conquer It and Live A Good Life", which includes a wide range of tips on living with cancer joins eHealth Radio and the Cancer Prevention & Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Charlotte Libov discuss the following:
- Tell us about your inspiring story as a heart disease survivor and how that brought you to the career you have today.
- In addition to being an top medical journalist and author of five award winning books- you also are a nationally recognized motivational speaker. What brought you into speaking and where do you typically present?
- You specialize in providing life-saving heart advice especially for women- what would you say are some of the key things women can do for heart disease and heart attack prevention?
- Let's talk about your latest book "The Cancer Survival Guide" tell us about the book and what the transition was like from writing about heart health to now discussing a completely new topic.
- How should one go about risk factor reduction for both cancer and heart disease?
A heart disease survivor, Charlotte Libov is an inspirational speaker, the author of five award-winning books, and a frequent TV and radio guest. She also is a top medical writer who contributes to Internet sites such as WebMD.
Her columns also appear nationally and she also blogs on preventing heart attacks in women. Her first book, “The Women’s Heart Book,” was among the first to sound the alarm about heart attacks in women, and was made into the ground-breaking PBS show, “Women’s Hearts at Risk,” and she has been honored for her volunteer efforts by the American Heart Association.
She has spoken nationally to US Army War College, Bio International, The Toyota Women’s Conference, and more. She has appeared at Duke University Medical School, Kaiser Permanente, University of Connecticut Allied Science Health Sciences, and more than 50 more hospitals and organizations throughout the country.
Through her dynamic keynotes and workshops, she inspires audiences to take charge of their health and lifestyle, so they can live healthier, energetic and passionate lives.
January 11, 2015
Michael Mooney, Co-Founder and Director of Science and Education for SuperNutrition a leader in natural supplements joins eHealth Radio and the Heart Health and the Supplement Channels to discuss Heart Smart.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Michael Mooney discuss the following:
- Can you talk about the launch of Heart Smart and the heart health benefits of K2?
- Why are natural supplements the better choice for maintaining heart health than prescription drugs?
- You talk about support for arterial flexibility and elasticity, why is this so important?
- What would be your most important piece of advice for our listeners during American Heart Month?
- Where can our listeners get more info & buy Heart Smart?
Michael Mooney, Director of Science and Education, Co-founder
Michael Mooney’s voracious appetite for nutritional science began in 1967, when he reversed his “sugar-kid” brain problems by abandoning the standard American diet, taking high-potency niacin and other vitamins and seeking out natural and organic foods in his hometown of Omaha, Nebraska.
Mentored by his biochemist father, Patrick Mooney, Michael learned to research nutritional science and became a “world authority, according to Sports Illustrated.” In 1973, they created a not-for-profit vitamin research co-op that led to the development of SuperNutrition anti-aging potency supplements. Together, they were early pioneers in nutrition, creating the world’s first gluten-free, hypoallergenic, science-based, full potency multivitamins that were also the first multivitamins that contained no fillers. They founded SuperNutrition in 1977 to bring their cutting-edge anti-aging potency multivitamins to the public.
About Super Nutrition
Founded in 1977 by Patrick Mooney and son, Michael Mooney, SuperNutrition is a California-based family business. SuperNutrition¹s mission is to build a better world through better nutrition. Each of Super Nutrition¹s products is made by combining science-based optimal potencies of essential vitamins, minerals, herbs, and antioxidants to maintain optimal health at the cellular level. SuperNutrition¹s formulas go beyond minimum RDA requirements to scientifically proven potencies balanced according to human biochemistry.