Joe Liu, Founder of the Joe & Emmy Liu Charitable Foundation and developer of Lively Health, the first charitable self-directed lifestyle conditioning App for prevention of chronic conditions and active aging joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Joe Liu discuss the following:
- What was the impetus behind the creation of the Lively Health app?
- What separates Lively Health from all the other “wellness” apps on the market?
- You say your app promotes the concept of “active aging.” Can you explain exactly what that is and why it’s important?
- It’s been proven that people in lower socioeconomic groups have less access to quality health care and are more susceptible to chronic medical conditions? Is that why you made the app free for download?
- Your app takes a very holistic approach, asking the user to not only answer questions about their physical health but also their social, financial and psychological status. Do you feel that the medical establishment doesn’t place enough emphasis on these so-called “peripheral” areas when evaluating a person’s overall health?
Joe Liu is a Silicon Valley serial entrepreneur, who started the Joe & Emmy Liu Foundation with a vision to benefit humanity with his entrepreneurial and technical expertise. Liu started his first company Techlink Co. in 1984. He then co-founded Oplink Communications in 1995, led the IPO in 2000, and acquisition by Molex/Koch Industries in 2014. Liu angel invested in numerous high-tech companies, guided them to successful exits, and contributed tremendously to the growth of IT industry. Joe and his wife Emmy started The Joe and Emmy Liu Family Foundation in 2019, as a 501(c)3 private operating foundation using technology innovation to benefit human well-being.
Social Media Links: