Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Alice Brewer discuss the following:
- What is UVC disinfection and how is it used in health care facilities?
- How does UVC help to reduce hospital-acquired infections?
- What does that mean for me as a patient?
- For hospitals, how does UVC provide a return on investment?
- What’s unique about Tru-D SmartUVC?
Summary: Tru-D is the only UVC disinfection robot validated by a CDC-funded randomized clinical trial to reduce infections in hospitals.
Alice Brewer has spent 10 years as an epidemiologist in both the pharmaceutical industry and health care. Most recently she served as the Director of Infection Prevention for a large, multi-hospital health system in Wisconsin where, through utilization of robust analytics and innovative strategies, she led a 70% reduction of HAIs across the health system.
Alice earned a bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology from the University of North Carolina and a master’s degree in Epidemiology from Indiana University School of Medicine. In 2016, she achieved CIC certification in Infection Control and Epidemiology. She has a record of publications and presentations in the fields of infectious disease and epidemiological research methodology.