Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Renjie Chang discuss the following:
- What are the major gaps in women's healthcare today, and is that what inspired you to create NeuEve?
- What is NeuEve and how does it work?
- For vaginal atrophy, how does NeuEve compare to estrogen?
- For bacterial vaginosis, how does NeuEve compare to boric acid, douching, or antibiotics?
- I heard that breast cancer survivors and hysterectomy patients love NeuEve. Why is that?
Summary: NeuEve provides a non-hormonal remedy for vaginal atrophy and dryness, better than regular vaginal moisturizers and lubes. After menopause, sex can become difficult due to vaginal atrophy. Estrogen supplements help, but estrogen greatly increases cancer risk. NeuEve also clears bacterial vaginosis (BV) effectively and naturally. Current BV treatments often lead to recurrent BV, but NeuEve, in taking an alternative and more holistic, caring approach, breaks the cycle.
Renjie Chang, M.D., M.S. graduated from Peking Union Medical University, the most prestigious medical school in China. Seeing patients in clinic firsthand, she always practiced medicine with a focus on both hard science and a soft bedside manner.
In the US, she worked as a faculty member of OB-GYN at University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, and as a drug developer at the Abbott Laboratories in Chicago. At Abbott, she learned the vital skills of inventing and creating medicine. It’s a very different skill set than simply prescribing medicine.
After she left Abbott, she won grants from NIH and Gates Foundation for developing a new way to prevent the sexual transmission of HIV. It was while performing this research that she was inspired to create NeuEve. For Dr. Chang, NeuEve has been the culmination of a lifetime of learning and experience.