Dr. Alexander Sobel, owner of Anderson Sobel Cosmetic Surgery, about why liposuction remains his preferred method for fat reduction, even as new nonsurgical body contouring technologies are emerging joins eHealth Radio and the Plastic Surgery Information Channel.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Alexander Sobel discuss the following:
- There is a lot of talk about non-surgical fat reduction these days, but liposuction is still one of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures in America. Why is liposuction still the most effective for patients seeking permanent fat reduction? What limitations exist with non-surgical fat reduction?
- One reason you prefer liposuction for permanent fat reduction is that it can be used all over the body, not just on the abdomen. How does this level of flexibility compare to many of the non-surgical options available?
- What is the liposuction recovery period like? When can you go back to work after liposuction?
- It often takes multiple treatments and many months for people to see results with non-surgical treatments. How long does it typically take for liposuction results to appear?
- Can you tell us more about how liposuction can be tailored by the surgeon to achieve the patient’s unique body contouring goals?
Dr. Alexander Sobel, owner of Anderson Sobel Cosmetic Surgery and Vice President of the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery, is an award-winning, triple board certified surgeon in general cosmetic surgery, cosmetic facial surgery, and otolaryngology. Dr. Sobel is widely known for his commitment to the highest standards of safety, compassionate patient-centered care, and skill in providing beautiful, natural-looking results.
Dr. Sobel has experience in all areas of cosmetic surgery, including facial rejuvenation, breast enhancement, body contouring, and non-surgical, anti-aging medicine. Also a Fellow of the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Sobel has trained several other surgeons in the art of cosmetic surgery. As a panelist in national academy meetings, Dr. Sobel has lectured on a variety of topics, including facial plastic surgery and breast augmentation.