Dr. Gennady Musher, MD, PHD, and Faculty Member at UCLA, who has just opened the new TMS Neuro Institute in Los Angeles joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Mental Health Channels. Dr. Musher has 25 years of experience in psychopharmacology treatment of multiple psychiatric disorders.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Dr. Gennady Musher discuss the following:
- What is TMS Therapy and who are the best candidates?
- What are the benefits of this type of therapy versus, or alongside, traditional treatment or medication?
- What are the most common misconceptions about the treatment of TMS and what are the benefits and how common are relapses?
- What prompted you to open a new TMS therapy center in Los Angeles?
- You are considered a pioneer in this type of treatment. What is the future of TMS therapy looking like?
Dr. Gennady Musher MD, PhD is the Founder of TMS Neuro Institute. Dr. Musher is Board Certified in Psychiatry and Neurology. He began his psychiatry career nearly 30 years ago. He completed his PhD in psychiatry in 1988 and he served his residency at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California.
Dr. Musher has 25 years of experience in psychopharmacology treatment of multiple psychiatric disorders. He is also an expert in the treatment of resistant depression with Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) with seven years of experience and specific training in neuromodulation techniques.
He has been in private practice since 1998 and has experience in the evaluation and treatment of major psychiatric conditions including, but not limited to: major depressive disorder, anxiety disorders, psychotic disorders, mood disorders and forensic evaluations. Dr. Musher is also a faculty member at UCLA.