Dr. Nina Savelle-Rocklin, a psychoanalyst and internationally recognized expert in the field of eating psychology joins eHealth Radio and the Weight Management Channel to give some tips and strategies for how to survive the holidays.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Nina Savelle-Rocklin discuss the following:
- Why are the holidays so difficult for so many people?
- You mentioned that a perfect family is an illusion. Why is it hard for so many of us to deal with the reality of our families?
- Would you say family issues are the main cause of anxiety during the holidays?
- What are your recommendations on how to stop the cycle?
- What’s your number one survival tip for getting through the holidays?
Dr. Nina Savelle-Rocklin, a Los Angeles-based psychoanalyst who specializes in weight, food and body image issues. Considered a thought leader in the field of eating psychology, Dr. Nina writes an award-winning blog, Make Peace With Food, hosts a podcast, Win The Diet War with Dr. Nina, and can be seen on her YouTube video series, The Dr. Nina Show. She is currently writing a book for Rowman & Littlefield on the psychoanalytic treatment of eating disorders.