Saturday Mar 19, 2022
This Wall Street exec and former addict left it all to open an mental health center
Jaime Blaustein, Co-Founder and CEO, of the Sylvia Brafman Mental Health Center, a world-class, dual diagnosis treatment center with a mental health focus founded by widely recognized thought-leaders in mental health and substance abuse disorders joins eHealth Radio and the Mental Health Channel.
Listen to host Eric Dye & guests Jaime Blaustein discuss the following:
- Tell us about your personal journey and how you came to be the CEO of the Sylvia Brafman Mental Health Center.
- How is the Sylvia Brafman Mental Health Center different from other centers?
- What ways can family and friends encourage and support someone that they love to get treatment for mental health disorders and addiction?
- What are some of the biggest mistakes family and friends make? What do you wish people knew about supporting someone that's going through a mental disorder or addiction?
- What is something that you wish people would know about seeing a therapist?
- We saw that Sylvia Brafman has a career mentorship program. Can you tell us more about it?
Closing Summary: We've been conditioned to think that seeing a therapist means there is something wrong with us. However, even the most resilient people can improve their well-being by going to therapy. Jaime Blaustein and Ben Brafman are hands-on experts in behavioral health, combining clinical knowledge and practical experience. In addition to clinical therapy, the Sylvia Brafman Mental Health Center offers a range of wellness programs like meditation, career counseling, art therapy, and more. They strive to make patients feel like they are a part of life and our wellness package plays a big role in helping patients feel more connected to the world around them.
Mr. Jaime Blaustein is Co-Founder and CEO of SBMHC. Prior to this role, he was an investment banker at Credit Suisse in its Global Industrials coverage group in New York City. Here he was responsible for advising clients in the basic materials sector on strategic matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, leveraged buyouts, restructurings and various debt and equity financings. Prior to this role, he worked in institutional sales at Lord Abbett, a mutual fund manager overseeing ~$150 billion in assets under management. He previously worked in wealth management at Morgan Stanley and later Wells Fargo, advising a wide array of clients on investment strategies.
Jaime received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan and his M.B.A. from Duke University. He is an unapologetic NY Giants, Duke Blue Devils and Michigan Wolverine fan. His interests include fitness, steakhouses, international travel, meditation retreats, and quality time with friends. Jaime is a newly minted resident of Miami. He is actively involved in sponsoring dozens of men in recovery and is beyond excited to marry his business expertise with his passion for helping others make a comeback from the depths of mental illness and addiction.
Social Media Links:
To leave or reply to comments, please download free Podbean or
To leave or reply to comments,
please download free Podbean App.