Ann Marie Sochia, Owner of Waves of Change in Cary, NC joins eHealth Radio and the Mental Health Channel. Waves of Change offers Licensed and Certified counseling, employing a holistic approach, which includes Cognitive Behavior Therapy, Mindfulness, and Hypnosis with a special emphasis on Neuro Linguistics Programming (NLP).
- Just what is mental health counseling, and what is the role of a mental health counselor?
- Who are the people who use your services?
- What is the initial session like? Describe a typical ongoing session?
- You mentioned that you take a holistic approach to therapy. Can you tell us more about that?
- What is Cognitive Behavior Therapy, and how do you use it in your practice? What about Hypnotherapy?
- Do you have any success stories you would like to share?
Ann Marie Sochia has an MS degree in Mental Health Counseling from Capella University. While there, she was inducted as a member of the Chi Upsilon Chapter of the Chi Sigma Iota (CSI) Counseling Academic & Professional Honor Society. She is also a member of the American Counseling Association (ACA), North Carolina Counseling Association, and the National Guild of Hypnotists (NGH).
She is certified and has been working as a Hypnosis Practitioner since 2002 and was initially trained in Neuro linguistic Programming (NLP), and in 2012 she graduated from the Dave Elman Hypnosis Institute with advanced training and certification in Hypnosis.
She is also certified as a Meditation Expert, and a Certified Licensed Professional Counselor Associate (LPCA) in North Carolina.
Ann Marie owns Waves of Change in Cary, North Carolina (www.wavesofchangenc.com). Waves of Change provides the following services; Mental Health Counseling, Hypnotherapy, Meditation, Mindfulness, and Technology assisted relaxation services. Areas of specialty are relaxation, stress reduction, depression, Neuro Linguistics Programming (NLP), and communication skills. Waves of Change works with children, teenagers, adults, and families.
Ann Marie is caring, compassionate, and believes with a positive attitude and being mindful almost anything is possible.