Drs. Barbara and Michael Grossman have been teaching classes in “Falling in Love Forever” with your current partner for over 25 years joins eHealth Radio and the Marriage and Relationship Channels. These classes are held both in their Southern California medical office as well as online.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Drs. Barbara and Michael Grossman discuss the following:
- You've been teaching this marriage class for 20 years. What do you see are the difficulties in modern marriage?
- Explain what you mean when you say you have had three marriages with each other.
- What can we learn about a man / woman relationship from modern medical research?
- Marriage often becomes a power struggle for couples. How do you help them?
- What does it mean that we live in a masculinized society.
- What do you mean when you say, "you're never upset for the reason you think".
- You reference mythic stories in your book. How does the story of Perceval and the Holy Grail and Psyche and Eros relate to your perspective on marriage.
- Talk about your falling in love classes you teach on line.
Dr. Barbara Grossman’s background is in psychology and theology. She majored in philosophy and psychology at New York University, completed her Masters in Religion at Columbia University in 1975 and holds a PhD in theology and counseling from The Claremont School of Theology. She is licensed as an individual, marriage, and family therapist. Her training included pastoral counseling with ministers who were cross-training in individual psychotherapy and marriage and family counseling. In addition, she worked with psychologists and psychiatrists in a hospital and a group practice setting. For the past 30 years, Dr. Barbara has maintained a busy private practice.
Dr. Michael Grossman, has been a Board-certified family physician from 1976 to 2015, and now is a fellow of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine since 2003. He has practiced since 1978 in nutritional and preventive medicine, He and has treated thousands of patients with an integrated holistic approach. Dr. Michael has incorporated the latest technological advances into his practice of medicine, including bio-identicall hormone replacement since 2003 and autologous adipose stem cell therapy since 2014. Dr. Michael is the author of The Vitality Connection: Ten Practical Ways to Optimize Health and Reverse the Aging Process and The Magic of Stem Cells: Activating Your Own Healing Power. He teaches and lectures extensively on various topics of wellness, including meditation, nutrition, and reversing aging.