The importance of proper medical linen laundering and how it impacts patients and medical staff alike
David Potack, the Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Unitex Textile Rental Services/Med-Apparel Services joins eHealth Radio and the Health Care and Health News Channels to discuss what Unitex does and the importance of properly handling medical linens.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest David Potack discuss the following:
- What is Unitex and what services do you provide?
- What goes into processing linen behind the scenes at Unitex?
- Why is it so important for hospitals and medical facilities to work with an experienced and reliable medical linen service provider?
- This topic of properly handling medical linen is equally important for patients as for medical professionals, why is that?
- Are there any organizations that oversee this process?
- How does Unitex stay ahead of the curve in this industry and what do you think is next?
David Potack serves as Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Unitex Textile Rental Services/Med-Apparel Services. David is a fourth generation family member in the business. He received his college degree from Washington University, St. Louis, MO in 1995.
David began his career with Unitex Textile Rental Services as a customer service representative then became District Manager and then served as General Manager of for our Mount Vernon, NY Uniform Rental Facility prior to his appointment as Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
David is the Vice Chairman of TRSA, the national industry trade association as well as the former Chairman of the Government Affairs Committee. He is also Chairman of The Greater Newburgh Partnership and a board member of the Newburgh Community Land Bank; both are not-for-profit community-based programs. David also serves as a board member of St Luke’s Cornwall Hospital.