Health writer and nutrition educator Barbra Cohn again joins eHealth Radio and the Alzheimers Information and Nutrition Channels. Barbra is also the author of Calmer Waters: The Caregiver's Journey Through Alzheimer's & Dementia.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Barbra Cohn discuss the following:
- You cared for your husband who had early-onset Alzheimer's disease for 10 years. What is the number #1 health concern that caregivers face?
- There are so many books about Alzheimer's, how is yours different and where is it available?
- You're a nutrition educator, as well as a health writer. Can you talk about some nutrition tips that help relieve stress?
- Your book includes 20 chapters on healing modalities and activities that care partners can do together to help them to relax and feel more connected. What did you and your husband do?
- What is the most important thing about providing care for someone with Alzheimer's disease?
- What tips can you give for instant stress relief?
Barbra Cohn is a health writer and certified nutrition educator who offers support to caregivers, guiding them to make healthy food and lifestyle choices. She cared for her husband for a decade before he died from younger-onset Alzheimer's disease. Afterward, she was compelled to write "Calmer Waters: The Caregiver's Journey Through Alzheimer's and Dementia to help caregivers feel happier, healthier, less stressed, more confident, sleep better and to experience inner peace.
Barbra has written hundreds of articles for national and regional publications and health newsletters including First for Women, Better Nutrition, Energy Times, Delicious! and YM magazine. She currently writes a blog called thehealthycaregiverblog (http://barbracohn.com) and is on the editorial board of Care Connections, a newsletter for caregivers.
As president and owner of Cohn Writing Solutions, Barbra writes sales copy, newsletters and articles, and analyzes scientific studies for cosmetics and nutritional supplement companies. In addition to holding a Master’s degree in professional writing, she has a Certificate in Nutrition from the Bauman College of Nutrition. When she is not writing, Barbra can be found hiking in the Colorado Rocky Mountains, dancing salsa and tango or playing with her adorable grandchildren. Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Media Links:
The views and opinions expressed on any program are those of the persons appearing on the program and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the eHealth Radio Network.