Glynn Wilson, Chairman and CEO of Tapimmune, a biotech company focused on Immunotherapy, which stimulate the body’s own immune system to fight cancer and viral diseases joins eHealth Radio and the Cancer Prevention and Technology Channels. For Dr. Wilson, this fight against breast cancer is personal.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Glynn Wilson discuss the following:
- October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and this is an important time to bring awareness to the cause? Can you share your personal story with our audience?
- How does the TapImmune breast cancer vaccine work?
- We think of vaccines for prevention? How do these vaccines prevent against reoccurrence of cancer?
- What other cancers or diseases can your vaccine technology address?
- What have clinical studies shown for far?
- How do patients access information on trials?
- Where can we learn more about TapImmune?
Glynn brings an extensive background of success in corporate management and product development with tenures in both major multinational pharmaceutical companies and start-up pharmaceutical/biotech organizations. Dr. Wilson’s former positions include Head of Drug Delivery at SmithKline Beecham Pharmaceuticals, Research Area Head in Advanced Drug Delivery at Ciba-Geigy Pharmaceuticals, and President and co-founder of Auriga Pharmaceuticals.
As Executive Vice President of R&D at Tacora Corporation he was responsible for merging the Company with Access Pharmaceuticals. He is a recognized leader in the development of drug delivery systems. Glynn has a Ph.D. in Biochemistry and conducted medical research at The Rockefeller University, New York. He has been on the Board of TapImmune for 5 years.