Patricia Leighton, CEO from SFH (STRONGER. FASTER. HEALTHIER.®), a sports nutrition brand created by a pharmaceutical and medical scientist joins eHealth Radio and the Nutrition and Supplement Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels & guest Patricia Leighton discuss the following:
- How did SFH move from an idea to full-fledged sports nutrition company?
- Is fish oil still important and how is SFH’s differentiated in the market?
- How much science is involved in the brand?
- What is the role of energy in aging and cognition and how does your Revive product play a part?
- Where do you see the category of supplements going and evolving for athletes and weekend warriors?
Patricia Leighton completed her undergraduate studies at Boston University in 2000, with a major in Economics and a minor in Business Administration. She then moved to NYC and held various positions within the Fashion Industry. In 2006, she left her position as National Sales Manager of Ben Sherman and moved to Switzerland to combine her passions (sports & nutrition) with her career while enjoying the Alps on foot, bike or board.
She graduated from Business School Lausanne (MBA) in 2008. Her management thesis focused on the development and expansion of Maine Natural Health®(the parent company of SFH)® . While completing her MBA, and after, she consulted for various sporting goods companies gaining international experience. In 2009, she returned to the US and moved to Los Angeles. This transition led to her current position at Maine Natural Health® where she now functions as CEO of the company.
From a young age, playing soccer at a competitive level, her love of sports was ingrained in her and she continues to look to challenge herself running marathons, on the mountain or most recently achieving new goals at CrossFit. The opportunity to stay close to sports while helping others with proper nutrition is the perfect blend for her.