Samaritan Breast Center, the first site in Ohio to offer Sonocine Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound (AWBUS)
Dr. Diane Anderson a Board Certified Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging and the Co-Medical Director of Samaritan Breast Center in Dayton, Ohio the first site in Ohio to offer Sonocine Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound (AWBUS) joins eHealth Radio and the Cancer Prevention and Technology Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Diane Anderson discuss the following:
- Tell us a little about your practice and specialty.
- What is the SonoCiné AWBUS™ technology and why did you choose to offer this breast screening examination?
- Why do you think you are the first in the state to offer this exam?
- Why is mammography not enough and who is a candidate for the exam?
- I understand that there is an Ohio Breast Density Information Law that are forcing imaging facilities to tell women if they have dense breast tissue. Is this working and how do you feel about this?
- Why do you think women shy away from getting checked out and what age should they get these exams?
- Is this covered by insurance and how often should you get a breast exam?
- What is your advice to women for protecting their breast health?
Dr. Diane Anderson is a Board Certified Radiologist specializing in Breast Imaging. She is the Co-Medical Director of Samaritan Breast Center.
Dr. Anderson completed her radiology residency training at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, OH after obtaining her Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) degree from West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, WV.
Dr. Anderson is dedicated to providing advanced breast cancer detection through the latest diagnostic imaging technology.
Samaritan Breast Center has a history of bringing the latest technology to breast imaging. They were the first fully digital mammographic center in the Dayton area. Additionally, they are the first site in Ohio to offer Sonocine Automated Whole Breast Ultrasound (AWBUS).
Dr. Anderson is a partner in Medical Radiologists Inc. They were the first to bring stereotactic biopsy to the area in 2000. Additionally, they were the first to offer Breast MRI and Breast MRI biopsy.