Luci Gabel, an exercise physiologist and nutritionist at LuciFit.com joins eHealth Radio and the Fitness and Nutrition Channels to talk to us about how we can reduce our health risk and our financial risk as we go through these trying times in the history of US healthcare.
- Can you talk about the kinds of problems we’re facing in healthcare today?
- So, what can we as individuals do about it? Can we protect ourselves from the high prices of the hospital, the doctors’ office, or the pharmacy?
- Let’s talk about exercise. How does that work?
- I see how exercise lowers the risk of disease. But how does that improve our financial risk?
- What about eating habits? How does that work specifically?
- Doesn’t it cost more to eat better?
- Can you explain why sleep protects our health?
Luci Gabel MA, MBA, ACSM, ACE
Luci conducts online training and nutrition programs for clients worldwide via e-mail, phone, and video conferencing. Clients range from the young, fit and athletic to those with special physical needs, all of whom want to lose weight, gain strength, increase flexibility and improve overall quality of life.
Luci specializes in quick and effective workouts and simple healthy eating plans. As an entrepreneur and previous manager for several organizations, she knows what it takes to stay fit and healthy with a busy lifestyle. Her coaching is based on a formal education in exercise physiology and nutrition, combined with experience in teaching strength training, Pilates, and yoga. Her own fitness accomplishments include a Tae Kwon Do black belt from Seoul, Korea, triathlons in Hawaii, Physical Mind Pilates Instructor Training in Honolulu, and yoga studies across the country.
Luci holds a Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology from the University of Maryland College Park, an Master’s in Business from Johns Hopkins University, and a Bachelor’s of Arts in Physical and Psychological health from Binghamton University. She completed coursework in dietetics at the University of Hawaii and the University of Maryland College Park. She is certified by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) as a Health and Fitness Specialist and by the American Council on Exercise (ACE) as a Personal Trainer and as a Lifestyle and Weight Management Consultant.