Dr. Marc Hedrick, President and CEO at Plus Therapeutics which is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company focused on making a positive impact on patients’ lives and adding value to the healthcare system joins eHealth Radio and the Cancer Information and Health News Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Marc Hedrick discuss the following:
- What is Plus Therapeutics, and what is its mission?
- Tell us about your background and what brought you to Plus Therapeutics?
- What is Rhenium NanoLiposome (RNL™) and how is it delivered to cancerous brain tumors?
- How could RNL help advance current treatment options for GBM and why is this important for patients?
- Do you think most people understand radiation and its potential benefits as a cancer therapy?
- What do you think is the most common misconception that people hold about radiation as a cancer treatment?
- What’s next Plus Therapeutics? Is Plus developing other investigational candidates as part of its broader pipeline?
Dr. Marc Hedrick is the President and CEO at PLUS THERAPEUTICS, Inc. Previously, Dr. Hedrick served in a number of executive leadership roles including President, CEO, and Director at Cytori Therapeutics, Inc., and President and CEO of StemSource, Inc. Dr. Hedrick is a trained general, vascular, and plastic surgeon and former Associate Professor of Surgery and Pediatrics at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA). Dr. Hedrick also served as Co-Director of the Laboratory of Regenerative Bioengineering and Repair at UCLA. Dr. Hedrick obtained his MD from the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School, Dallas and a MBA from The Anderson School at UCLA in 2005.