Christine Silverstein, an investment professional who is wearing a unique hat this summer that of a chef in this season’s MasterChef Show on FOX joins eHealth Radio and the Nutrition Channel. Christine is one of 15 top chefs who is cooking up excitement this season.
- What is your relationship with food that inspired you to become a MasterChef?
- What is your mission on the show? What do you want viewers to learn from you?
- You are very passionate about “cooking to heal” or what you call “Food Therapy”...what is the thinking behind this? How did cooking help with the loss of your childhood best friend?
- You believe in healing foods long before organic foods became “hip”. What are your favorite healing foods and what role do they play for optimal health?
- What does the future hold after the show?
Christine Silverstein hails from New York City, where she learned very early on in life the power that cooking held; encouraging loved ones to come together around the same table and share their experiences with one another. Good food can always be found at the center of these interactions, from celebrating the fun times to helping heal in the difficult times. According to Christine, serving the meal which she creates for those in her life not only cultivates the depth of these loving connections, but also reminds her how important they are to the human spirit. Being raised with this foundation has carried Christine through one of the most challenging times in her life. The untimely passing of her childhood friend, Lauren Zaleski, left her utterly lost.
Since her passing, Christine chose to embark on a journey to HEAL. “Part of this journey was doing something that scared me, so as to honor the way in which Lauren lived her life...and pushed me to live mine. Auditioning for MasterChef was just that,” said Christine.
According to Christine, “Pushing myself into the fear not only challenged me, but it helped heal me in ways I never thought possible. Finding strength in my PASSION for cooking good food allowed me to find a new way to live and to celebrate life in my best friend's honor. This is my truth. This is...Food Therapy.”