Dr. Des Bell, Chief Medical Officer at Omeza LLC, a medtech and consumer healthcare products company specializing in skin care and wound management products from the sea joins eHealth Radio and the Health News and Skin Care Channels.
Listen to interview with host Eric Michaels and guest Dr. Des Bell discuss the following:
- Having served on the board of directors for American Board of Wound Management as well as the Association for the Advancement of Wound care and American Board of Wound Management Foundation, you are considered an expert in your field…why do you say that non healing wounds may be worse than many forms of cancer?
- Why are these wounds non healing?
- What type of issues do physicians face in wound care treatments today?
- What can be done to prevent these wounds from becoming chronic?
- I understand you have created a non-profit organization called SALSAL to help advance wound care in America. Can you tell us a little bit about your mission?
Dr. Desmond “Des” Bell, DPM, CWS is Chief Medical Officer of Omeza, and has consulted with the Omeza founders since the company’s inception, helping develop the product line and overseeing its practical application. He serves as lead clinician in an approved test program for Omeza products at the Wound Management program at Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida.
Dr. Bell, a leader in limb preservation and lower extremity wound care, is a Board-Certified Wound Specialist (CWS, American Board of Wound Management). A graduate of Tulane University and the Temple University School of Podiatric Medicine, Dr. Bell is the Founder and President of “The Save A Leg, Save A Life” Foundation (SALSAL), a non-profit organization dedicated to preventing unnecessary lower extremity amputations. He has previously served on the Board of Directors of the American Board of Wound Management and the American Board of Wound Management Foundation. He has been the recipient of the Frist Humanitarian Awards at Specialty Hospital (2009) and Memorial Hospital (2018) in Jacksonville, Florida. Dr. Bell has also been elected as a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
He is a frequent lecturer and author on the subject of wound care, peripheral arterial disease and diabetes, and is a founding editorial Board Member of “Today’s Wound Clinic”, as well as being a regular contributor to “Podiatry Today”. He is a nationally recognized speaker, with regular faculty roles at AMP, ASCENT and Modern Wound Care Management.